Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pertronix confusion, what works?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hammy
I have a spare distributor which part number ends in 007, and it has Pertronix internals. If I'm not mistaken this is a stock 1.7 dizzy? So according to Pertronix's website, the Pertronix unit inside should be 1847V.

Currently in my carbed engine I have a 009 (I believe) and Pertronix says their 1847A unit fits it.

But on Pelican's site it shows that the 1847V unit fits "205, 009 and 050" distributors.

So what fits what? confused24.gif What do I need to get?
Hammy
Screw it.

Decided to just save for a Mallory. smile.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Hammy @ Mar 22 2007, 09:57 PM) *

Screw it.

Decided to just save for a Mallory. smile.gif

atta boy.

centuryperformance.com has the best price on unilites, but you need to buy the advance curve change kit from them also.... (30 bucks)

or buy it all setup from jake for a bit more...

or from john at aircooled.net for a but less.
Hammy
How hard is to set up/install the advance curve kit?

Or maybe I'll just get it all set up from Jake.
Aaron Cox
its really simple to do. swap the springs to the grey/grey setup, and set the 'stops'.

DBCooper
QUOTE(Hammy @ Mar 22 2007, 08:22 PM) *

I have a spare distributor which part number ends in 007, and it has Pertronix internals. If I'm not mistaken this is a stock 1.7 dizzy? So according to Pertronix's website, the Pertronix unit inside should be 1847V.

Currently in my carbed engine I have a 009 (I believe) and Pertronix says their 1847A unit fits it.

But on Pelican's site it shows that the 1847V unit fits "205, 009 and 050" distributors.

Until then why don't you just throw that spare distributor in there and see if the Pertronix unit works? It'll cost you five minutes and setting the timing, no big deal. You might find that you like it. Keep the points distributor in the trunk as a spare.

If you want to see how nice a Mallory is before you switch it out notice the scatter of the light on the timing mark with your worn-out distributor, especially if it's a non-German 009. Then put in the Mallory as see how steady that mark is. That never fails to impress me, even at idle.
Hammy
QUOTE(Paul Illick @ Mar 23 2007, 03:21 AM) *

QUOTE(Hammy @ Mar 22 2007, 08:22 PM) *

Until then why don't you just throw that spare distributor in there and see if the Pertronix unit works? It'll cost you five minutes and setting the timing, no big deal. You might find that you like it. Keep the points distributor in the trunk as a spare.

If you want to see how nice a Mallory is before you switch it out notice the scatter of the light on the timing mark with your worn-out distributor, especially if it's a non-German 009. Then put in the Mallory as see how steady that mark is. That never fails to impress me, even at idle.

Normally I would just put it in to see if it works. But I don't want to hassle with it now. Ordered the Mallory this morning smile.gif

Cool. We'll hook up the timing light with the 009 in first, and then install the Mallory. should be innarestin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.