Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 V-8 Beast menacing Mpls/St Paul
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wbergtho
Weather 55 degrees and sunny....time to pull the tarp off the beast and return to the roads around western WI & Mpls/St Paul. My Pilot buddy called me and wanted to get rid of some pent up aggression (bottled during the winter) and release it today so he called me and wanted to play with his 06 Viper. I thought it was a great idea...so we went out and played together for a few minutes. It was quite enjoyable to have the 500+ HP menace back on the roads once again to prove that a hand made creation (3 parts Porsche & 1 part Chev) can disgrace a modern Viper. My Viper buddy wants to upgrade to the 07 600HP version that will be coming out this summer so I had better start looking into a 125HP nitrous system ASAP. Wouldn't want modern American junk to pull on my ever evolving "little bastard" project from hell. He'll be pissed after sinking big $ into a new Viper and still having the same dissapointing result.
markb
clap56.gif
drive-ability
I have always thought your car was the coolest, but it must just be sooooo fun to drive!!!! Nice to here your making plains to stay on top.. welder.gif
wbergtho
Hi John (Drivibility),

Thanks for the kind remarks. Back at you. I have always liked your ride as well! You have not taken the "Cheap Charlie" route...that's quite obvious.

I have a question for you. Isn't it you that installed the Ferrari valved mufflers on your car? Aren't they designed to allow a nice sedate "legal" muffled sound but automatically opens up under full throttle to become more free flow & a bit louder??? If not, I must have you mixed up with another guy who has done this. If so, how does it work and is it much quieter than before? The reason I ask is because my car is pretty loud and I'd like to make it more "stealthy quiet". It attracts enough attention already...but I'm afraid the noise level is a bit much in most cases. The younger crowd loves it...but I'd rather not piss off the PD if I can help it.

Bill
rick 918-S
aktion035.gif driving.gif Hi Bill! Woo Hooo!
drive-ability
QUOTE(wbergtho @ Mar 24 2007, 06:43 PM) *

Hi John (Drivibility),

Thanks for the kind remarks. Back at you. I have always liked your ride as well! You have not taken the "Cheap Charlie" route...that's quite obvious.

I have a question for you. Isn't it you that installed the Ferrari valved mufflers on your car? Aren't they designed to allow a nice sedate "legal" muffled sound but automatically opens up under full throttle to become more free flow & a bit louder??? If not, I must have you mixed up with another guy who has done this. If so, how does it work and is it much quieter than before? The reason I ask is because my car is pretty loud and I'd like to make it more "stealthy quiet". It attracts enough attention already...but I'm afraid the noise level is a bit much in most cases. The younger crowd loves it...but I'd rather not piss off the PD if I can help it.

Bill

Bill,
I do have the Ferrari mufflers, they are quieter then most aftermarket ones, just because most are designed to make more noise and flow better. The mufflers have a throttle valve on the inside outlet. They are vacuum controlled and normally open. I just wired in a vacuum solenoid and wired a switch on my shifter. They open and close in less than a second so you can be quiet or loud seamlessly. The only thing is they are huge not long but thick as you can see on my car. The mufflers are about 1/2 inch from the trunk bottom so you know they are big. I wouldn't run anything else, I would guess they would flow well considering they are for a Ferrari and well made all stainless, but heavy maybe 40 lbs apiece.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.