Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tool kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Bleyseng
Picked this up the other day. Whats missing?
jd74914
lug wrench? what is that long black wrench-like tube on the left side?
bd1308
lug wrench, theres a long bar part that goes into cut holes in that wrench-like piece

bd1308
if this was for a 356 I would say the spare exhaust valve was missing blink.gif
Johny Blackstain
'70 thru '73 4cyl tool kit? Attached photo is from a 914 website I mentioned in the other tool thread. Looks like you need the spark plug wrench & bar & a wheel lug bar. Tow eye hook does not belong in the kit. You have everything else. They're for sale on eBay all the time under automotive tools. Looks nice thumb3d.gif !

cool_shades.gif
Porsche Rescue
I was told that even the kits for the '74 and later cars with steel wheels and no hubcaps still came with the hubcap hook.
Also, when did the vinyl pouch get replaced with the cheap plastic bag?
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Mar 23 2007, 08:09 PM) *

I was told that even the kits for the '74 and later cars with steel wheels and no hubcaps still came with the hubcap hook.
Also, when did the vinyl pouch get replaced with the cheap plastic bag?

If you check the link I posted above you'll read that dealers removed the hubcap puller on alloy wheeled cars. This makes sense to me because my 74 never had one. I also understand that they went to the cheap black plastic bag in 74.

cool_shades.gif
Porsche Rescue
I am referring to cars with steel wheels, not alloys.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Mar 23 2007, 11:42 PM) *

I am referring to cars with steel wheels, not alloys.

My apologies. Didn't mean to sound snotty, I just get eager sometimes.

cool_shades.gif
orthobiz
These are the tools coming with my 74 1.8. Can't imagine there were TWO bags???

Paul
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Mar 24 2007, 02:10 AM) *

Paul

Looks like you have a kit from a 74 or later on the right & the one on the left I'm guessing came out of a 356. The wrenches & wooden handle make me think 356. As for the 914 tool kit I've seen that white plastic screwdriver before... don't know if they're rare or aftermarket. Anyone?

cool_shades.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Mar 24 2007, 08:16 AM) *

QUOTE(orthobiz @ Mar 24 2007, 02:10 AM) *

Paul

Looks like you have a kit from a 74 or later on the right & the one on the left I'm guessing came out of a 356. The wrenches & wooden handle make me think 356. As for the 914 tool kit I've seen that white plastic screwdriver before... don't know if they're rare or aftermarket. Anyone?

cool_shades.gif

The screwdriver (white) in the correct toolkit on the right could be correct. I've seen them a couple of times before, but don't know for certain if it was correct for those 914's. That type screwdriver was used on a number of VW & Audi cars.

The toolkit on the left is definitely not correct for any 914. Doesn't look quite right for 356/912 cars & the bag liner looks too cheap for Porsche. Does have some usable tools in it though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.