Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone have an outlet for this heater upgrade??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
i have seen this on ebay and at AA and it connects the rear heater fan to both sides of the heat exchangers rather than leaving the passenger side open and drawing cold air. if there is a way to fashion this without the AA expense, i am all ears.

muchas gracias.... pray.gif mueba.gif driving-girl.gif givemebeer.gif
Aaron Cox
i bought the AA kit. works great. check at your home improvement store or maybe a vacuum store confused24.gif
Bleyseng
You should have a plug over the j tube on the passenger side so it doesn't suck cold air. The heater booster works mostly when you are idling so its not the be all and end all for defrosting.

Geoff
TheCabinetmaker
Scott, my personal opinion. Don't waste your money. They just don't do much good. Just make sure the passenger side inlet is securely blocked off. If you really want one, I've got one you can have.
Bruce Allert
The PO installed a 2" PVC "T" on mine. Prolly cost all of a buck. Works great! (could this way be rrefered to as Jerry rigged?) So.... who's Jerry anyway cool.gif

.........b
scottb
thanks boys.....

my j-tube is not plugged so i will give that a go. funny how the drivers side pumps out like a fiend while the passenger side blows tepid air...... a cap and i am on my way..... i see another use for duct tape!!!!! (just kidding)

i shouldn't bitch since the PO had the whole exchanger duct work hooked up with cable ties. didn't bother to spend the buck on a few screws to hold things together.... some people huh???? bootyshake.gif
Qarl
I black plastic spray paint can top fits perfectly. Secure it with a hose clamp!!!!

I got my splitter from Wayne at PP a few years ago for my old car.

Watch e-bay too!

Make sure your rear blower motor fan is working!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.