Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Garage Photo Album?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Air_Cooled_Nut
Just curious, but do you think there would be any interest in a free web site that just contained images -- with brief descriptions -- of people's garages and sheds?

I'd like a single location where people could go to see garages/sheds that others have built, improved, or are just simply proud of. I know there's a garage forum out there but searching for pictures of completed projects is tedious. I was also thinking of having a sub-section for specific aspects, like cabinets or lifts or lighting or ???

Thoughts/opinions? Suggestions?

The Tuff Shed we just had built (and I moved all the g/f's stuff from paid storage into it...oyi, my back!):
IPB Image
URY914
I like it but discussion, questions and feedback are what people will want. I'm a member of this forum. They have a seperate section on projects...

http://www.garagejunkies.net/index.php
rwjames
That would be pretty interesting.

My PCA group has an annual Garage Envy Contest. A tour of garages is made and members vote for the garage they would love to have most. An award is then given to the member with the most votes.

A pretty informal, but fun event. Plus, you get to check out everyones projects and/or current collection.
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 23 2007, 04:26 PM) *

I like it but discussion, questions and feedback are what people will want...

Good point.
iamchappy
Qarl, is planning to build a new house with more garage space. This will be worth watching. I expect a turntable like batman has with his favorite car of the week spinning on it.
URY914
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Mar 23 2007, 06:56 PM) *

Qarl, is planning to build a new house with more garage space. This will be worth watching. I expect a turntable like batman has with his favorite car of the week spinning on it.

Or falling off of it. sad.gif
watsonrx13
Here's my new garage.... Its 12'x20', my brother-in-law and I put it up this morning, about 3 hours. It took me another hour to finish everything up. I'll let it set like this for about a month, then go back and tighten all the bolts and the tie-downs....

Click to view attachment

teener fits well.... being water-proof and fire-proof...

Click to view attachment

-- Rob
jd74914
That would be cool . . . I wish I had a picture of ours painted. . . this is last spring right after we finished it (24x36 post and beam with a 14ft addition planned for he left side).

The best part is that it only has Porsche's in it. We do need 356 for it now though cool.gif
dakotaewing
idea.gif

http://www.garagejournal.com/
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Mar 25 2007, 08:48 PM) *

http://www.garagejunkies.net/index.php

These are the same web site wink.gif And there's no DEDICATED photo album slap.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Mar 25 2007, 08:30 PM) *

That would be cool . . . I wish I had a picture of ours painted. . . this is last spring right after we finished it (24x36 post and beam with a 14ft addition planned for he left side).

The best part is that it only has Porsche's in it. We do need 356 for it now though cool.gif

Thats very close to the Holy grail of garages, is there a loft?
jd74914
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 26 2007, 03:17 PM) *

QUOTE(jd74914 @ Mar 25 2007, 08:30 PM) *

Thats very close to the Holy grail of garages, is there a loft?

I wish we had a lift . . . we are planning on getting one eventually. There are 11 foot ceilings in the bottom for one, and all of the beans are way overbuilt so that we can put a nice hoist in too.

Upstairs we basically have a gym and huge open room . . . and the attic has a pool table and stuff like that biggrin.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Is it a garage or a BARN? biggrin.gif Very nice nonetheless! beer.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what I've got so far:
http://garages.icbm.org/

I'm using software that comes free with my [remote] web server so what I get is what I get (free cost and mindless installation process...I don't do Unix). It's a PHP photo album and I'm not a PHP programmer (yes, I know it's supposed to be an easy language) nor a MySQL db admin so there are some things I can't do e.g. the color scheme is a 'theme' and I'm only using a pre-made one...I don't have time to take on the task of making my own.

I'm using Coppermine because it worked out much better and easier than Gallery in terms of the permission process for strangers uploading pictures. Plus my personal albums are in Coppermine so I'm more familiar with this software.

Anyway, if you have any pictures to add then please do so. Suggestions/comments as well. This is my beta version so I may keep it smilie_pokal.gif or if it becomes too much hassle I may kill it ar15.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Hey Paul,
If you think it's appropriate, I wouldn't mind if you let the folks at the garage web site/forum know about this. You can copy what I posted and use it over there if need be smile.gif

Thanks!
cassidy_bolger
I like this one:

custom designed and built by Cory Hawbecker of Portland, Oregon.

Click to view attachment
'Cause
Here is a little shed I lived in for a while, about 40 yrs ago... yes those are my feet!

IPB Image
JmuRiz
QUOTE(cassidy_bolger @ Mar 26 2007, 01:42 PM) *

I like this one:

Click to view attachment

OK, what is that? Is it a shed, cabin or garage? Cool whatever it is.
cassidy_bolger
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Mar 27 2007, 09:21 AM) *

QUOTE(cassidy_bolger @ Mar 26 2007, 01:42 PM) *

I like this one:

Click to view attachment

OK, what is that? Is it a shed, cabin or garage? Cool whatever it is.

That's a shed designed by an architect for his own use.

He says: "I keep my junk in it."
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(cassidy_bolger @ Mar 27 2007, 10:09 AM) *

Tell him to upload some pictures of it on my site ("Sheds").

Jim D. You too...under "Garages" I assume bye1.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
BTW, I changed the theme to a less LOUD one smile.gif
jd74914
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Mar 27 2007, 05:21 PM) *

QUOTE(cassidy_bolger @ Mar 27 2007, 10:09 AM) *

Tell him to upload some pictures of it on my site ("Sheds").

Jim D. You too...under "Garages" I assume bye1.gif

Or barns . . . idea.gif

tough choice laugh.gif

edit: barns won
Air_Cooled_Nut
Hey, barns will work! Looks good. Looking forward to pictures of it painted smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.