Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Visit to AutoAtlanta
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Owensby
I had to spend some time for work in Atlanta last week, so I drove down from SC. I was able to stop by AA and buy a lot of stuff for my car restoration- most of the hardware associated with the running gear and other stuff. All bearings, brake hardware, master cyl, new cables, a rubber seal kit, etc. Great service.

It was a special treat for me to see all the 914's etc. there while they were pulling my parts. Unlike on the west coast, there are no 914's running around my part of South Carolina, so I don't get to see one running often. It was a real treat getting to see all those. I am almost ready to re-paint mine, and am trying to decide on color. I was thinking yellow, but after seeing a yellow one one there, I decided no. Then, in their display area- there was a nice signal orange one, pretty green, the beautiful gray 916, a beautiful red one, etc. Decisions, decisions. I will probably go back with the signal orange, as per my car's original color. They showed me their 356 being completely restored. very, very nice. biggrin.gif

If you have the opportunity to visit AA, I highly recommend it. Joe O.
r_towle
None of Georges collection run.
alfred.gif bootyshake.gif

Not cause he has not been offered help. confused24.gif

The 916 needs one mans help... aktion035.gif bravo.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 23 2007, 07:35 PM) *

The 916 needs one mans help... aktion035.gif bravo.gif

i'm here ... as always, life is getting in the way. but i'm working on a schedule ...
boldblue.gif Andy
r_towle
George is chicken to let you..

You should fly out, get her running (I am happy to fly down for the day to help) and then drive it up to the Hershey event with George in his 356.

That would be the right thing!!!!
Hershey is the last weekend of April, you can do a really long day from AA and get there...so red eye in wed night/thurs morn...fix car all day..sleep and drive friday to event...

Come on George...do it!!!

Its payback for Andy keeping this Forum alive for all these years...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 23 2007, 07:57 PM) *

George is chicken to let you..

You should fly out, get her running (I am happy to fly down for the day to help) and then drive it up to the Hershey event with George in his 356.

That would be the right thing!!!!
Hershey is the last weekend of April, you can do a really long day from AA and get there...so red eye in wed night/thurs morn...fix car all day..sleep and drive friday to event...

Come on George...do it!!!

Its payback for Andy keeping this Forum alive for all these years...

logistics is the only problem. Making room to get the 916 running in our shop when the mechanics are running around like chickens with their heads cutoff trying to get all of the many many vehicles processed really prohibits stopping the works to dig out the 916 and try to make room for it in the shop! Too many disappointed customers would result. We are already six months behind!
r_towle
Considering what needs to be done, and your large parking lot...it could easily be done outside in the lot, or behind the building so we are not in the way.

We are both quite used to working on cars without having a lift...

Besides...it just needs a tune up, and some new fuel...maybe tires..

Rich
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Lawrence is welcome here ANY time.
r_towle
What are Andy and I, chopped liver???

balljoint
QUOTE(Joe Owensby @ Mar 23 2007, 09:47 PM) *

I will probably go back with the signal orange, as per my car's original color.

No Doubt. Signal Orange is awesome. smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 24 2007, 09:27 AM) *

yum! chowtime.gif

Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 24 2007, 10:28 AM) *

logistics is the only problem. Making room to get the 916 running in our shop when the mechanics are running around like chickens with their heads cutoff trying to get all of the many many vehicles processed really prohibits stopping the works to dig out the 916 and try to make room for it in the shop! Too many disappointed customers would result. We are already six months behind!

No kidding... my budy Mark, who runs a body shop, has a father, who OWNES the body shop, who has 5 Corvettes, 4 of which are not running & can't get into his own shop because the customers cars are in the way. Talk about getting screwed!

As for the 916 I live closer & volunteer to get started on it right after I move in George! biggrin.gif

shades.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 24 2007, 09:27 AM) *

thank you for making me laugh. I have been desperately sick with the flu for the last week.
r_towle
Do the right thing and bring that car to hershey under its own power!!!!

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.