Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sO FRUstrATING
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
I've been trying to buy a bus/westy for some time, found a sunroof bus, guy is not answering phone and im supposed to be leaving tomorrow!

sad.gif

sww914
Check out gowesty.com
They're right down the street from me. You're probably not looking to spend between $25,000-$80,000 for a westfalia, but it's interesting to look at.
Yes, one sold for $80,000! pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
boxstr
There is one out here at tow company auction on Tuesday. Baywindow model.
Go to www.speedssupertow.com Click on (yellow)Pictures of cars. and click on show all go to #152-155
Click on picture then go to the bottom and click on original it will resize the pic to huge.
CCLIN914NATION
bd1308
I'd love to have a fully restored ready -to-go bus,

but a car payment is the last thing I need.....

I'm trying to get something I can work on and make good.
boxstr
The one out here is a 1970. It is an auction, the cars here don't get that exspensive.
CCLIN914NATION
jasons
QUOTE(boxstr @ Mar 23 2007, 11:24 PM) *

The one out here is a 1970. It is an auction, the cars here don't get that exspensive.
CCLIN914NATION

1970=Type I motor doesn't it? confused24.gif

rwjames
Britt,

I had this camper at my house for about a year. A friend of mine bought it for $800. It ran good, but had a couple starting issues.

I worked on it for him and drove it around a little bit. It drove great, but needed a little more work and the guy didn't have the money, knowledge or energy. Unfortunately. he and his wife got a divorce. I was going to buy it, but really didn't need another car Plus, I had just sold my 356 to allow my wife to let me buy a 914-6. Six, bus, six bus.....I passed on the bus. It also got a little uncomfortable with the divorce thing.

Not perfect, but nice for the money. Once I got some issues worked out, I'm sure is sold it and made a little money.

Rich
rwjames
Another picture of the camper.
rwjames
One final picture. Pretty original interior, except for the checkerboard floor.
Tobra
QUOTE(jasons @ Mar 24 2007, 09:15 AM) *

CCLIN914NATION

So what? I know where you could go pick up a 1.8 or a 1.7 type IV for $500 right now. Looks like a clean camper, motors are easy to find, clean campers not so much so...
bd1308
Found this bus

LITTLE RUST!!! This thing is in WAY better shape than my 914 (expecially now with a blown ball joint)

I am planning to purchase this and buy a rebuilt trans locally!

Richard, this bus is still for sale?
jasons
QUOTE(Tobra @ Mar 24 2007, 05:38 PM) *

QUOTE(jasons @ Mar 24 2007, 09:15 AM) *

CCLIN914NATION

So what? I know where you could go pick up a 1.8 or a 1.7 type IV for $500 right now. Looks like a clean camper, motors are easy to find, clean campers not so much so...

Uhhhhh, I was just asking if the 1970 VW bay window bus was manufactured with the Type I motor.
type47fan

Uhhhhh, I was just asking if the 1970 VW bay window bus was manufactured with the Type I motor.
[/quote]

Yup, you have to get a '72 to get the type 4 engine (dual carbs).
krazykonrad
check the www.thesamba.com there seem to be a lot f really good loking buses on there at good prices.

A 6 in a early to mid sixties bus as a tow vehicle drooley.gif
Konrad
Crazyhippy
TDI in a westy... Perfect tow vehicle for 914's and light boats smile.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Mar 24 2007, 06:47 PM) *

TDI in a westy... Perfect tow vehicle for 914's and light boats smile.gif

What TDI are you talking about? Right now I'm looking at putting an SVX motor in my Westy to tow the teener.

Sorry for the hijack.
Crazyhippy
VW 2liter... Or the Tourag V10 smile.gif

The SVX would be neat too. What are you thinking about for a radiator?

BJH
KELTY360
QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Mar 24 2007, 08:44 PM) *

VW 2liter... Or the Tourag V10 smile.gif

The SVX would be neat too. What are you thinking about for a radiator?

BJH

Already has a radiator. It's an '87 Westy.
Crazyhippy
Different beast entirely... Should be fun, But down here (so-cal) the smog BS makes it tough. I want an early Westy, and have to figure out a radiator setup. Imagine an early bus towing a 914 passing you headed up hill biggrin.gif

BJH
Bleyseng
My 77 Westy with its Camper special could tow my 914 if I wanted to. But I would have to put a hitch on the Westy and a front tow thingey on my 914.....nah. chair.gif

Drove it to DaveHunts BBQ and on the way back Monique asked "Are you flooring it right now? (doing 70). Nope, when I hit 90mph I said "Thats floored!"

"Oh" "I guess you really did fix it". thumb3d.gif
scotty b
Britt i have a few parts left if you need any. I.E. Westy top, side door, electrical outlet cover. Probably have some glass and I also have a complete standard bus I may be parting soon if you need suspension or lights etc.
Mid_Engine_914
Not a Westy but still nice http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/INCREDIBLE-1973-VW-T...1QQcmdZViewItem
rwjames
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Mar 24 2007, 08:32 PM) *

Found this bus

LITTLE RUST!!! This thing is in WAY better shape than my 914 (expecially now with a blown ball joint)

I am planning to purchase this and buy a rebuilt trans locally!

Richard, this bus is still for sale?

Britt,

That bus is sold. It's still around here and may become available again. They are out there.

Did you get your 914 together yet?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.