Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FI Injector Wiring Boots
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
73Phoenix20
I just missed getting a full set of FI harness boots on evilbay for $41.00!!!

They looked to be AA pieces... which are about $120.00 for four...

Anyone have a nice set they would sell?

And, has anyone bought the AA stuff, and can comment on the quality of those Boots?
type47
isn't there a swedish car site that sells the boots, etc? for saabs and volvos... also, since eventually it will come up, bus boys sells the tool to release the pin that holds the spade connector in the plastic connector so that you can put the new rubber boot on... (whew!)
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(73Phoenix20 @ Mar 24 2007, 01:32 AM) *

I just missed getting a full set of FI harness boots on evilbay for $41.00!!!

They looked to be AA pieces... which are about $120.00 for four...

Anyone have a nice set they would sell?

And, has anyone bought the AA stuff, and can comment on the quality of those Boots?

They better be damn good quality for that price!!!!!!!!! Actually they are factory mercedes pieces can't get much better than that.
computers4kids
QUOTE(type47 @ Mar 24 2007, 06:29 AM) *

isn't there a swedish car site that sells the boots,

Yep! Yes, a whole kit for $49 plus $8 shipping...VERY NICE! Be glad you missed the auction, this is a much better deal! Kevin (rhodguy) was nice enough to share this site with me.

Here is a direct link to the correct page on the Swedish site with the boots:
Swedish Website

Part # 943693...about halfway down the page under Fuel Injection
rhodyguy
a little glycerin lets the boots slide on easily.

k
73Phoenix20
Perfect! I'm in business now! Thanks folks, as always!

914World Members rock!
markb
Nice! I just ordered a set for the red car. smile.gif
Chris Pincetich
smilie_pokal.gif
beerchug.gif
Hmmm...I think I WANT the new boots more than I NEED them...1 is missing 1 is good and 2 are torn up.
John
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 24 2007, 09:26 AM) *

a little glycerin lets the boots slide on easily.

k

Where does one get glycerin?

Curious minds want to know.

I can't seem to find it at my FLAPS.

Thanks
73Phoenix20
Pure form glycerin is normally available in small bottles at the local Drug Store... unless Big Brother has decided it is a dangerous substance, and has pulled it from the shelves to save us from ourselves!!!
John
I'll have to try it.

Like Walgreens?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(John @ Mar 24 2007, 10:12 PM) *

I'll have to try it.

Like Walgreens?

Yep, they have it. Some havit in the cosmetics department, others with vitamins, others in first aid.
kconway

isn't there a swedish car site that sells the boots, etc? for saabs and volvos... also, since eventually it will come up, bus boys sells the tool to release the pin that holds the spade connector in the plastic connector so that you can put the new rubber boot on... (whew!)

Anyone konw where to source this tool to pull the pins out of the FI harness connectors or what its called?

Kev
retrofit

Just what I want to know-How to get the new boot over the connector?
Have been in the engine bay recently to replace an injector and the pass side boots are ripped up. Of course! They are the most difficult to get to!
AK
retrofit
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Mar 24 2007, 10:18 AM) *

Yep! Yes, a whole kit for $49 plus $8 shipping...VERY NICE! Be glad you missed the auction, this is a much better deal! Kevin (rhodguy) was nice enough to share this site with me.

Swedish Website

Just went to the site and parts are $51.95 plus shpg.
So , is this a good price for the injector boots? Like $12 for a piece of rubber?
AK
rhodyguy
you have to remove the connector to get the boot on the injector wires. then re-install the connector. i marked the corrosponding wire to the correct terminal on each injector BEFORE removal.

k
Dr Evil
Jim said that you can get the pin tool here: http://www.bus-boys.com/
retrofit
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 2 2007, 10:27 AM) *

The pin tool will help you remove the plastic connector to get the boot on, then reinstall the connector and then slide the boot back up the wire???
AK
Dr Evil
Yup, thats the way its supposed to go biggrin.gif

And welcome.png
retrofit
QUOTE(retrofit @ Jul 2 2007, 10:17 AM) *

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Mar 24 2007, 10:18 AM) *

Swedish Website

Just went to the site and parts are $51.95 plus shpg.
So , is this a good price for the injector boots? Like $12 for a piece of rubber?
AK

$51.95 plus $14.99 shpg=$67-up $10...
aK
retrofit
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 2 2007, 10:40 AM) *

Yup, thats the way its supposed to go biggrin.gif

And welcome.png

Great! Just ordered 2 of the little tools.
When the conector is attached to the injector I have noticed that this not a one-way-only connector! Do the rounded edges face down, or up, or does it make a diff???
AK
rhodyguy
it's not $12 for a piece of rubber. it's a set. with exception of 1, all the ones you need for the injectors and the other fi components.

k
retrofit
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 2 2007, 01:17 PM) *

it's not $12 for a piece of rubber. it's a set. with exception of 1, all the ones you need for the injectors and the other fi components.

k

Whoops, my bad... So this is a "kit" with 4 injector wire boots plus some others???
AK
kconway
QUOTE(retrofit @ Jul 2 2007, 04:26 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 2 2007, 01:17 PM) *

k

Whoops, my bad... So this is a "kit" with 4 injector wire boots plus some others???
AK

Dude-
Follow the link in the first page of this thread to the kit, it shows you all the boots in the kit.
rhodyguy
YES!!! it is a kit. blink.gif don't remove every connector. do one boot at a time

k
kconway
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 2 2007, 11:33 PM) *

YES!!! it is a kit. blink.gif don't remove every connector. do one boot at a time

k

Hey K-
Which boot isn't included? Looks to be some spare injector boots in their for our application, is that correct?

Kev
rhodyguy
i don't remember the one not included. i do remember the one on my harness that was not included was in great shape. there may be an extra inj boot. when you go thru the harness and you do one at a time it's pretty easy to avoid confussion. use a contact cleaner on the released wire ends as you go thu the process.

k
retrofit
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 2 2007, 11:33 PM) *

k

Hey, this is "such a deal"! Next time will pay more attention before shooting my email mouth off. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction for a great parts source. 914 World works for me!!!
AK
74914LE
This is great information! How about the pins and contacts? Does anyone know where to find these? How about the gray sleeving that goes over the wires?
914rrr
QUOTE(retrofit @ Jul 2 2007, 01:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 2 2007, 10:27 AM) *

The pin tool will help you remove the plastic connector to get the boot on, then reinstall the connector and then slide the boot back up the wire???
AK

The tool is nice, but they can be removed with a really small / thin jewlers screwdriver as well. Stick the screwdriver in from the non-boot end to release the tang that holds it in the plastic connector. You might want to squeeze the metal connector ever so slightly while you have them out as they tend to loosen up over time.

I also saw the FI boots in a West Coast Metric catalog under type 3 parts.
http://www.westcoastmetric.com/type3.php?S...stic&stat=1
computers4kids
a bump for those getting ready for Hershey bye1.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(914rrr @ Jul 5 2007, 08:07 AM) *

I also saw the FI boots in a West Coast Metric catalog under type 3 parts.
http://www.westcoastmetric.com/type3.php?S...stic&stat=1

They stopped making those quite a while ago. Talked to them last summer about a set for my D-jet/ MS2 project motor. . . mad.gif
jim_hoyland
Thank's for the link- sent my order in this am.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.