Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Homepage Contest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
Thanks to everyone who took the time to make a submission! There are some cool ones in here.

Please vote for your favorite page, based on: style, originality, load speed, and functionality.

Please view all submissions below before voting!

1. "The Beach"
IPB Image

2. "Red Car"
IPB Image

3. The Garage
IPB Image

4. Taillights
IPB Image

5. "Black - L041"
IPB Image

6. "Vintage Poster 1"
IPB Image

7. "Vintage Poster 2"
IPB Image

8. "Orange 914"
IPB Image
ClayPerrine
Didn't you forget mine???

mad.gif
orthobiz
Am I missing a way to click on each entry to check the load time?

And please have a log-in button on the very first page!

Paul
Rusty
Didn't you forget mine??? mad.gif

Sorry, Clay. Missed your link. I fixed it, okay?? You're up there.

Am I missing a way to click on each entry to check the load time?

Paul... no, there really isn't. Most folks just captured a screen shot of their design. I posted what folks submitted... and didn't get too wrapped up about it.

And please have a log-in button on the very first page!

I like that idea, but I think that violates Andy's imposed limitation that the front page will not access any of the Forum databases. My guess is that it's a security thing. Andy will correct me if I'm wrong, of course.
tdgray
Gotta go with Vintage Poster... my preference is no 2.

Although my heart says pick the beach wub.gif
TROJANMAN
Hey, Where's my Submission ? confused24.gif
BiG bOgGs
Although my heart says pick the beach

Are you sure it's your heart that you are hearing from?
johannes
I like the vintage poster. My only suggestion would be a stock 914 and not a race car picture ...
drew365
QUOTE(johannes @ Mar 24 2007, 11:05 AM) *

I like the vintage poster. My only suggestion would be a stock 914 and not a race car picture ...

I don't agree, even the stock cars secretly aspire to be a race car. I like the look of the black entry but it's a little too sinister for the purpose of this site. I think Vintage 2 is just about right.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Combine vintage poster #1 and #2 and change the big 914 numerals to red, black and yellow, the traditional German flag's colors (those colors btw all belong and look good on a 914). Keep the 914 GT pic in b&w for that "vintage" look.
markb
My vote is for

5. "Black - L041"

Simple, and elegant.
blitZ
I voted for Vintage Post 2. Although, I find the beach quite appealing. I can tell by her bumpers, she must be a 74 model. thumb3d.gif
72914S
QUOTE(blitZ @ Mar 24 2007, 03:27 PM) *

I voted for Vintage Post 2. Although, I find the beach quite appealing. I can tell by her bumpers, she must be a 74 model. thumb3d.gif

agree.gif
Johny Blackstain
I voted for vintage 1- it had the right period/nostalgic feel/look to me. Man I'm getting old biggrin.gif .

cool_shades.gif
orthobiz
How about some new pics on the right side of the old homepage while we vote and decide...

Paul
skline
Although I voted for Vintage 2 I really like the Orange car. The beach would be my next choice as I really have a thing for Latina's smile.gif
Hammy
QUOTE(markb @ Mar 24 2007, 11:20 AM) *

My vote is for

5. "Black - L041"

Simple, and elegant.

agree.gif

I also really like taillights.....
Chris Pincetich
If I clear my cookies can I vote again?...for Beach beerchug.gif
jwalters
smile.gif i VOTED FOR VINTAGE POSTER 1 - ONLY BECAUSE i REALLY LIKE POSTER 2, IT IS JUST A LITTLE TOO RETRO-FUZZY-OUT-OF-FOCUS KIND OF THING -

oH CRAP CAPS ARE ON, WELL beer3.gif

i WOULD LIKE TO VOTE FOR 2 - CAN IT BE CLEANED UP A LITTLE??? confused24.gif
Allan
Here's one... biggrin.gif

bperry
QUOTE(jwalters @ Mar 24 2007, 07:42 PM) *

smile.gif i VOTED FOR VINTAGE POSTER 1 - ONLY BECAUSE i REALLY LIKE POSTER 2, IT IS JUST A LITTLE TOO RETRO-FUZZY-OUT-OF-FOCUS KIND OF THING -

oH CRAP CAPS ARE ON, WELL beer3.gif

i WOULD LIKE TO VOTE FOR 2 - CAN IT BE CLEANED UP A LITTLE??? confused24.gif

I definitely agree about the fuzziness of poster #2.
I have a hard time reading the links on the right. Something about the
shadowing that makes the lettering hard to read for me.
Could just be my crappy monitor or my bad eyes but none the less,
its hard for me to read the text.

--- bill
G e o r g e
Click to view attachmentI vote for the beach, but we will need to rotate "Models" like a Ridgid Calender

TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Headrage @ Mar 24 2007, 05:47 PM) *

Here's one... biggrin.gif

Great Artists must think alike. Mine is a little busier than yours, but we used a similar medium biggrin.gif

HERE's the one I submitted a while back. I am not exactly sure why it didn't make the ballot dry.gif but I kind of like it smile.gif
I think there is still time for people to write it in laugh.gif

IPB Image
Allan
Hmmm
alpha434
The beach can be the intro to the sandbox. Or similar as the banner.

The Vintage poster #2 Rocks my socks for the homepage.

The "Taillight" is flippin' awesome for the banner. It should be on all our forum screens and stuff.
SGB
I want 'em all. Can we rotate?
TROJANMAN
OK, so it doesn't look I am going to win, so my vote is for a combo of #'s 2 and 5. I really like the look of #2, but it needs the text from #5. A combo of those two would be perfect, IMO wink.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(SGB @ Mar 25 2007, 10:17 PM) *

I want 'em all. Can we rotate?

agree.gif Ya know, this seems like a damned good idea.gif!

cool_shades.gif
So.Cal.914
Is it to late to submit another page? Here it is: thumb3d.gif

Click to view attachment

We could do a photo shoot at the beach if you like.

sheeplove.gif

So.Cal.914
How about this?

Click to view attachment
Pam
A few thoughts.....

-make sure for the vintage posters that you don't have copyright violations - vintage 2 would probably be of greatest concern....

-by rotating the home page designs you lose a sense of continuity and don't make a 'brand' statement for visitors

- the choice needs to appeal to all. In theory - all who travel here appreciate 914's - the same can't be said for the beach scene (either the female version or the ovine version).

-Pam
cooltimes
QUOTE(markb @ Mar 24 2007, 01:20 PM) *

My vote is for

5. "Black - L041"

Simple, and elegant.

Same vote here.
The others look good too but....

The black background directs your eyes and guides the mouse click immediately to the action a user or visitor is looking for.
buzzard
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Mar 25 2007, 10:08 PM) *

OK, so it doesn't look I am going to win, so my vote is for a combo of #'s 2 and 5. I really like the look of #2, but it needs the text from #5. A combo of those two would be perfect, IMO wink.gif

agree.gif Especially if the idea is a pure Homepage , not a direct link to Forums etc. There could be a little more info on exactly what 914 World is , for someone landing on the site for the first time , but I like the simple, branded look of #2.
woobn8r
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Mar 26 2007, 01:38 PM) *

QUOTE(markb @ Mar 24 2007, 01:20 PM) *

My vote is for

5. "Black - L041"

Simple, and elegant.

Same vote here.
The others look good too but....

The black background directs your eyes and guides the mouse click immediately to the action a user or visitor is looking for.

My thoughts exactly.
SirAndy
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 24 2007, 10:49 AM) *

Combine vintage poster #1 and #2 and change the big 914 numerals to red, black and yellow, the traditional German flag's colors (those colors btw all belong and look good on a 914). Keep the 914 GT pic in b&w for that "vintage" look.

agree.gif
dakotaewing
Hey Guys -
Pam has a very good point in regard to copyright issues..
No matter which choice wins out, make sure that if any photos are used
that you have the written permission of the copyright holder to use the images -

Best -
Thom
Rusty
Okay guys... party's over. It's Pam's fault. Everybody say thanks to Pam for killing the thread. (Damn funhaters.)

icon_bump.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Mar 27 2007, 09:27 AM) *

Okay guys... party's over. It's Pam's fault. Everybody say thanks to Pam for killing the thread. (Damn funhaters.)

"My Bahahahad, Good bye cruell world"

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
i like the sheep on the beach ...

kinda sums up what this site is all about! sheeplove.gif

biggrin.gif Andy
Jenny
QUOTE(skline @ Mar 24 2007, 01:02 PM) *

Although I voted for Vintage 2 I really like the Orange car. The beach would be my next choice as I really have a thing for Latina's smile.gif

Beyoncé's no Latina. biggrin.gif

Jen wink.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(skline @ Mar 24 2007, 01:02 PM) *

Bahahaby...

Click to view attachment

Eric_Shea
I'd hit it... huh.gif
SLITS
Consider this one "write in" vote for Rubberboy's entry ..... though the sheep looked really good too. However, I think the stockings should have been fushia.
SirAndy
new homepage is up!

http://www.914world.com/index.php

i changed the layout a bit to make for better contrast and navigation ...

enjoy!
type.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.