Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what are these rims?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mills914/s
What rims are these are the 914 rims that came as a option or are they aftermarket? Are they worth anything? I dont know if I should keep them or sell them. I think I want to my 8 spoke empi style rims on. But I dont know they are starting to grow on me.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Aftermarket. What are they worth? idea.gif Check eBay and what you're doing....getting feedback from forum members.
mills914/s
Yeah pretty much ...Thank you.
porschecb
Western wheels IIRC. Why are you missing a lug bolt?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
these are the old american racing wheels. popular as an add on when the cars were sold new. not worth much as they have an outset like a vw beetle and will not fit the widest tire.
mills914/s
LUG BOLT the guy sold the car to me like that I had to drill and tap it out it was fouled up so I fixed it.
Hammy
Westerns........ I have em too. Try the empi's. smile.gif
mattp
Dan Gurney rims. Worth about 250 for the 4
orange914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 24 2007, 11:35 AM) *

these are the old american racing wheels. popular as an add on when the cars were sold new. not worth much as they have an outset like a vw beetle and will not fit the widest tire.

contrare... i have these and have 205x60x15's, i did take a "roll" the fender lids slightly to make sure they didnt rub. they have never rubbed under any conditions. they are westerns and some say dan gurney on the inner tube thumb3d.gif
Click to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
A local custom wheel and tire shop has a set on display. Shop has been there for 40 years. Owner says they are Dan Gurney signature Westerns. He even has the center caps for them. I have same on my car. 205/60's fit just fine.
mills914/s
If they do say Dan Gurney are the worth more? Are they easy to polish out like you did on the orange 914 those look good. What did you use to polish them out?
orange914
If they do say Dan Gurney are the worth more? Are they easy to polish out like you did on the orange 914 those look good. What did you use to polish them out?

this pretty much did the magic for us...

Click to view attachment.. wipe on, wipe off
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.