Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPI Of Porsche 914-6 in Costa Mesa
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Was asked by a couple of people to go check on a 1970 914-6 posted up for sale by European Collectables. I really liked the car and would drive it any day. I will suffice to say, if you are looking for an 8 point or higher car, look elsewhere. I would actually rate this car around a 7.5. It is very presentable however, the truth must be told about it. If you are too far to come see it yourself, it is always a good idea to get someone who knows the cars to take a look at it and give you an honest evaluation.

Here is a link to the car in question:
http://www.europeancollectables.com/invent...e_inv_id=Po1747

Going by the pictures on the site, it is beautiful and in perfect condition. However, upon closer inspection, there is stuff that most pictures wont show. I will post them up and see if you spot what I did.

skline
More
skline
I didnt take any of the trunk area but there were absolute signs of a rear end impact on the drivers rear by the light. The repairs were of good quality but the metal was rippled below the tailight in the trunk, an impossible thing to ever get perfect. Nice car, but 30K?
rwjames
Scott,

Thanks for your help. I believe I am going to pass on this car. The accident damage bothers me, especially at this price range. I was ready to pull the trigger if it checked out, but I think I'll wait for another car to come along. I hope I'm not being too picky.

There has to be a nice six out there somewhere.

Sorry I couldn't talk much earlier. I was on my way to the Honda dealer to have a mechanic look at the carbs on my CBR600. It's 85 degrees in Alabama today and time to get the crotch rocket in peak condition.

Thanks again,
Rich

orthobiz
But what is that hazy gelatinous milky white stuff in the seams?

paul
orthobiz
"Going by the pictures on the site, it is beautiful and in perfect condition. However, upon closer inspection, there is stuff that most pictures wont show. I will post them up and see if you spot what I did."

If this is an "I Spy" or "Where's Waldo," then, I'll start it off:

I see some overspray undercoating on the rear wheel well.

Paul
jim_hoyland
Nice PPI Sott and Clayton. Did you find out wether it was owned locally or any history?
73Phoenix20
Thanks, guys...

The Good Doctor914 can offer some enlightenment as to an earlier owner, and possible contact info...

But, the photos show it best... accident damage fore and aft, repaint lines, incorrect sway bar, badly done body work at the door jambs, and the list goes on...

That is why we need eyes in the field! Photos will only show what the Seller wants us to see... unfortunately...
skline
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 24 2007, 06:50 PM) *

Nice PPI Sott and Clayton. Did you find out wether it was owned locally or any history?

The car is from New York, most of it's life actually, The PO has reciepts from AA and other places, all the service work was done in NY. So it is an East coast car. Not sure how long it has been here.
rwjames
I believe the car spent many years in the state of Virginia. European Collectibles took the car in trade for a 1989 Speedster. Supposedly, the PO had dumped over $25K into the car, installing the 911E motor, re-building the transmission and other work. E.C. does have a lot of receipts documenting the money spent on it.

The paint is estimated to be about 10 years old. Looks good for the age, but has a few defects and chips.
911quest
Come on Rich get a six you know you want to.... poke.gif
see you in a week
Martin Baker
How about the upside down front turn signal lenses...
Has anyone looked at Glen's Six for sale on the pelican stie,About the same price,White/Black a orginal survivor,I delt with him before and he is a real nice guy...
rwjames
Those indicator lens aren't upside down. Didn't you read the C of A? It came with Finland Equipment. It must be a Finland thing.

I checked out the Pelican site and it said Glen's car was sold or had a sale pending. Plus, I have had a few white 914's and prefer a different color.

rwjames
We should make it to Road Atlanta around noon this Friday. Don't forget to drive your six. I may need to make a couple hat laps to show Chuck that fast way around the track. LOL

QUOTE(911quest @ Mar 24 2007, 10:50 PM) *

Come on Rich get a six you know you want to.... poke.gif
see you in a week

Martin Baker
QUOTE(rwjames @ Mar 25 2007, 09:57 AM) *

Those indicator lens aren't upside down. Didn't you read the C of A? It came with Finland Equipment. It must be a Finland thing.

LOL...Right...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.