Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel pump fuse blows
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
Question2: 2.0 transplant motor started-up then...
Turn key, injectors click then crank and engine ran for a little bit. I turn off engine to check for fuel leaks etc...car wouldn't start...no fuel pump noise...fuse blown...replace fuse...blew again...swapped relays...fuse blew again??

So what do you think? Car ran perfectly before motor transplant (1.8 to 2.0). Has the fuel pump gone south...or could there be another issue?

PS I disconected the heater blower just in case it was part of the issue.
r_towle
check to see that the fuel line are connected correctly...dont know really, but maybe it built up to much pressure on the wrong side...

Again, dont know...but I would check it if it was me.

Rich
Dave_Darling
Find the wire that plugs into the aux air regulator and unplug it. Tape it up so it can't short to ground. It is on the same circuit as the pump, and if it shorts out it will pop the fuse.

--DD
computers4kids
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 24 2007, 05:23 PM) *

Find the wire that plugs into the aux air regulator and unplug it. Tape it up so it can't short to ground. It is on the same circuit as the pump, and if it shorts out it will pop the fuse.

--DD

Dave...you were right on the money...the AAR was shorting out...swapped it for another one that was good...unfortunaltely I now have discovered my MPS won't hold a vacumm and the engine just floods.
Aaron Cox
love that stock fuel injection smile.gif

hope you can find a good MPS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.