Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where is a good source to get a good MPS 043
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
Sad to report the MPS on my 2tr transplant is bad...just floods the engine...won't hold a vacumm and the backup one on my spare 2ltr has the same problem. sad.gif

So where is a good place to get a good or rebuilt MPS?
0 280 100 043

brp914
I got one rblt from performance products for ~ $200 for my parts stash cuz I'm about due. My last 2 oe's lasted ~100k miles each and I'm at 310k now. they actually come from ottos I believe. after I heard all the talk about crappy rblts I put it on as a test. works fine. someone here is rebuilding though - forgot the name.
73Phoenix20
I have one 043 MPS. NOT rebuilt, and the adjustment screw is still sealed.

Holds a vacuum...

I would really like to trade it for ONE (1) nice Fuchs 2.0 Alloy Wheel...

Mint to very good ORIGINAL condition... Absolutely NO polish, dents, dings, cracks or curb rash (I can find lots of those!!!)

Or... $200.00 cash in advance...

I will do the same deal for my 037 or my 049 MPS units...

PM me with details...
pbanders
There's a guy who has been selling NOS 043's on Ebay recently, that's where I'd go.
2-OH!
"Bleyseng"... on this board, rebuilds em'

2-OH!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Mar 24 2007, 08:12 PM) *

Sad to report the MPS on my 2tr transplant is bad...just floods the engine...won't hold a vacumm and the backup one on my spare 2ltr has the same problem. sad.gif

0 280 100 043

Even if it would hold no vacuum it would not flood the engine. Maybe another problem in addition like a bad head temp sensor!
Bleyseng
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Mar 24 2007, 09:12 PM) *

0 280 100 043

check the CHT for proper resistance first. A blown mps will run hte AFR rich but not flood the engine like a dead CHT will.
computers4kids
QUOTE(pbanders @ Mar 26 2007, 08:20 AM) *

There's a guy who has been selling NOS 043's on Ebay recently, that's where I'd go.

Yes, I've seen them...actually he has run the auction numerous times but no one has yet met the reserve. The last run got up to $355.

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 26 2007, 12:35 PM) *

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Mar 24 2007, 08:12 PM) *

0 280 100 043

Even if it would hold no vacuum it would not flood the engine. Maybe another problem in addition like a bad head temp sensor!

Actually, it did flood the engine. I put in another MPS that I had that too is bad, but holds a little vaccum, and it actually ran sort of.

But your right...The CHT was bad as well...replaced it all runs OK...still need a MPS

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 26 2007, 12:46 PM) *

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Mar 24 2007, 09:12 PM) *

0 280 100 043

check the CHT for proper resistance first. A blown mps will run hte AFR rich but not flood the engine like a dead CHT will.

Bleyseng
I do have one rebuilt 043 available....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.