Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Does anyone know about straightening rims
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tdgray
Last winter I hit a pothole that was super deep with the Subby (it was covered with snow).

I thought my wheels needed balancing so I took it in a few weeks later. They told me that both rims on that side were bent. They balanced them as best they could and that was that.

Well now I need new tires but I don't want to chew them up.

Question I guess is... can the rims be straightend? If so what kind of place should I look for? Anybody had this done...if so did it turn out good?

Thanks as usual smile.gif
Aaron Cox
rims can be straigthened.... but if they are stock, you probably can find a pair of take off's on ebay for cheaper than straightening
tdgray
Tried the "bay".

Unfortunately Subaru only used this wheel on the Outback sport and only in 05 -06. Makes 'em kinda rare.

I did find a place in PA that will straighten em if they can be straightend. Quote is $75-$180 per wheel. YIKES.
Aaron Cox
upgrade to other stock subie wheels?
tdgray
Can't it's a lease... only 10 more months left.
Aaron Cox
man! someone wasnt paying attention in the road design class, you are supposed to put potholes so at least 3 of the wheels get bent!

Aaron
civil in training

on a serious note, bend over and take the straightening blow
or find a pair somewhere.....

or buy new stock wheels.
mightyohm
Or live with it for 10 months, is that an option? biggrin.gif
tdgray
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Mar 26 2007, 03:06 PM) *

Or live with it for 10 months, is that an option? biggrin.gif

I'm pretty sure they will ding my ass for that when I turn it in. I already have to put in a new windshield... stupid ass dump trucks mad.gif

I am also pretty unhappy with the tires on this car... rotated them as scheduled but here it is at 28K miles and they need replaced.

All in all I have been very happy with the car. This was my first Subaru and will not be my last. I just leased this one to determine if I would like 'em

Next time I think I am going for the big Outback and buying instead of leasing... I think this could be a ten year car.
sww914
Wheels America does them for a flat rate, I think it's about $120.00 including shipping. They don't do a concourse job, but it's plenty good enough for a driver.
Bartlett 914
Glenn Stazak does it! He is GMS. Easiest to find him on Roadglue.com
Grelber
I had my new (to me) 4 lug Fuch's done at "The Wheel Connection" in Oklahoma City. They specialize in fixing bent/broken wheels. (405) 947-2274. Rich Johnson recommended them, and they did a great job (but not cheap).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.