Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question: new VIN stickers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Johny Blackstain
My six is a unique car to me, a renegades fantasy & a purists nightmare biggrin.gif . Like many here she's been repainted, 4 times from what I can tell & needs a new VIN sticker... no saving what little is there. stromberg.gif . Any ideas?

for the curious- black over red, over metalic orange, over original irish green. stromberg.gif .

cool_shades.gif
Bleyseng
porsche sells them
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 26 2007, 02:40 PM) *

porsche sells them

Thanks Geoff. Dealer? Website? COA required? More info please?

cool_shades.gif
7TPorsh
What do they look like? Do they have the build date too?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Mar 26 2007, 10:37 AM) *

My six is a unique car to me, a renegades fantasy & a purists nightmare biggrin.gif . Like many here she's been repainted, 4 times from what I can tell & needs a new VIN sticker... no saving what little is there. stromberg.gif . Any ideas?

for the curious- black over red, over metalic orange, over original irish green. stromberg.gif .

cool_shades.gif

we of course have the door jamb stickers for each appropriate year. They are not date punched for the build date though
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 26 2007, 02:50 PM) *

we of course have the door jamb stickers for each appropriate year. They are not date punched for the build date though

Photo George? Thanks.

cool_shades.gif
burton73
Johny,

I was looking at you blog and see that you are moving into the new house today. Huge garages are a great thing. Enjoy.

Bob
brp914

nor the vin?
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 26 2007, 02:55 PM) *

Johny,

I was looking at you blog and see that you are moving into the new house today. Huge garages are a great thing. Enjoy.

Bob

Thank you Bob. Actually I close tomorrow... I'm freaking out! Off line for a bit after that & then I'll be back. Back to the VIN sticker info now, don't want to hijack my own thread biggrin.gif .

cool_shades.gif
tyler
I contact a Porsche dealer and they told my no way, they don't go back that far.
Mine was missing the one on the windshield and the one riveted on the door pillar was trashed. Never could find a repro source but I'd sure like to.
Ferg
I need a door jamb one too, as mine was removed for a respray, and never replaced...

Ferg
Johny Blackstain
Well? Anybody? How about that photo George?

cool_shades.gif
914werke
its an orderable item via the dealer. I got one for my LE resto as the car was
burned down. Do a search on my or "partsman" user names for the details.
He may still be available to birddog for you.

R.
Tobra
The ones I have seen from the dealer do not look like the original
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.