Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This Sunday's service at Our Lady of Mulholland
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
pictures: Pictures

Today was the last Sunday of the month which means that the Supercar sunday show was in full effect. I got there around 9:30 and managed to find a parking spot way off next to Taco Bell.

I believe there were 3 Carrera GTs today, a yellow one and two black ones, though there may have only been one black one. In any case once you have more than one, who really cares.

Lots of Ferraris and the usual stuff. One of the most unusual cars there was a 240Z project car. Someone had taken the entire front section out of a 3.5 L Maxima and put it in the rear. So it was a mid engined 240z. Fully independent rear suspension, etc. Funny thing was that because it was a pure transplant it still had the steering rack in place. For a moment it looked like it might have had rear wheel sterring, but there was no linkage going to it.

A couple of nice X1/9s were there, a bunch of Elises, etc.

Pictures will be posted shortly.

After SuperCar Sunday I took off for a little drive. From VCR I took Mulholland to Topanga to the coast. I drove up PCH all the way to Mulholland and started the ascent. As I was nearing the grandstands, maybe 1-2 miles out, a couple of 911s gave me a very stern slow down signal, which worked. Around the next curve there was a cop stationed and by that time I was well within the limit.

I stopped at the grand stands for a while and took some pictures of bikes and cars, and watched a cop car come up the hill behind a Corvette. Poor vette.

Next I took Mulholland across to Stunt road, and chased down a bike until he turned at Las Virgenes. I continued on Mulholland and got to Stunt road where I was slowed down most of the way by an old lady in a Saturn. That was a blessing though as we passed one parked cop, and then later on two more driving. All within 10 minutes! So beware of Stunt road...

Where Stunt road and Las Flores Canyon meet up I stopped for a bit, talked with some STi guys, and they were really impressed with the Subaru conversion.

I took Tunt road down, chasing a bike, and then we continued on down Tuna to the coast. Tuna is interesting, its one lane, one way, and essentially un patrolled due to a total lack of places to stop. The roads are not perfect though, but its a fun drive. At the base of Tuna I stopped and talked with a caged Miata driver and a 2nd gen MR2 driver. From there I took off down PCH and then 405 to home.

Overall a great morning, wonderful drive, lots of fun, no tickets.

-Tony
tdgray
Great pics Tony... you guys have all the fun.
drew365
Where's Howie? Is he no longer administering the rites?
TonyAKAVW
Someone snapped a picture of me...
dlo914
funny thing you mention that! A couple friends of mine were up in there and they snapped a picture of your engine bay! I was like "HEY! i know that flux capacitor contraption!"...i was actually suppose to drive up to that area w/ them, but something came up. One of the friends drove his electric blue lotus elise and another drove his blue 2.5rs Coupe. From the picture i also noticed you added some type of heat shield or something to the right of the engine bay. What was it that you added?
Howard
QUOTE(drew365 @ Mar 26 2007, 05:56 PM) *

Where's Howie? Is he no longer administering the rites?

Let me thank Pastor Tony for handling my duties while I was traveling with the noted 914 evangelist John Gantry Peterson. Our new Chapel.
Howard
Performing an exorcism on Dekman's ride.
TonyAKAVW
Daniel: Small world! Sheesh. I saw the blue Elise, I thought these guys were the owners of the STis, but I didn't talk to them very long.

Howard, I was glad to hold services in your abscence, but I did fail in my duty of alerting the faithful. I was selfish and coveted the roads for myself. I must repent. Either that or hold services again and just let everyone know.

Its good to know that the new church has not only a large chicken, but also has "Full Hook-Ups."

-Tony
Carlitos Way
I vote you hold services again!
Crazyhippy
So when John is being looked down upon by a HUGE COCK.. he just tries to look mean??

Interesting...

BJH biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.