Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need info on '76 Air Injection System
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
I am going to sell my '76 914. It is a Texas car and never had a catalyst.
It does appear to have once had an air pump but not sure. The not so good pic below shows the large silver collector tube which is capped off.
I assume it would not pass CA smog test in this condition. What parts would be required to replace the system and does anyone out there have them? Is the pump driven off the crank? And if so should I find an empty pully down beside the alternator driver?
rhodyguy
that one didn't last long...can't help with the emissions jim.

k
Porsche Rescue
Should not have bought a 4th car when I only have room for three these days. Gotta accept my limitations.
ejm
The capped off valve is #14. You'll need everything to the right of it in this pic. If the pulley drive is still there make sure it's not broken. Often the pump seize's and sheers the rubber.
Porsche Rescue
Thanks Ed. What is all the stuff in the upper part of the diagram. I have a block off plate at the air cleaner where #27 would connect. It appears to be factory.
ejm
That's the EGR stuff... tho I've never seen a 914 with EGR around here... not sure about Cali confused24.gif
Cap'n Krusty
CA cars had EGR and a catalyst. They all had air injection. You could sell the car in CA, or other states that use CA smog laws, but you have to have the air pump and drive. I have an air pump drive in nice condition that I would sell ........... The Cap'n
type47fan
new air pump . . . .
Porsche Rescue
Thanks Cap'n. By "drive" you mean #34 in the diagram?

Looks like I would still need the pump, attaching hardware, hose/tube (#55) and a few other bits and pieces.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Mar 26 2007, 06:13 PM) *

Thanks Cap'n. By "drive" you mean #34 in the diagram?

Looks like I would still need the pump, attaching hardware, hose/tube (#55) and a few other bits and pieces.

Yup. #34. I may have a bad smog pump with good hardware somewhere around here ............ The Cap'n
brp914
there's nothing special 'bout that porsche smog pump. I went to a flaps. the guy found that smog pumps are either large or small, regardless of mfr. I got a small rblt for a ford and put it on. only needed to re-orient the air filter on the pump.
Ferg
Jim my 75 was a CA car so I have the EGR, and all the air pump stuff still installed and working. PM me if you are interested, as I hope to cap it off and backdate the HE's...

Here's a poor pic of my smog pump and you can see the attachment to front of air box...

Click to view attachment

Ferg beerchug.gif
orthobiz
Pretty car! I almost went blind looking at that little picture, though. How about more pics of the car? How much? This is sick, haven't even laid eyes on my new one and I'm already thinking about the second...

Paul
Porsche Rescue
PM Sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.