Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lamborghini bests Porsche yet again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
Lamborghinis new Mucialagos are being destroyed BEFORE they hit the market av-943.gif

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/special/lp640/
Aaron Cox
ever see the pics of how people die when a Lamborghini is on its roof?

car flips over. doors open toward the roof.... to cramped to kick out a window.... car catches on fire .. people die.... bing, baked people
scotty b
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Mar 26 2007, 04:36 PM) *

ever see the pics of how people die when a Lamborghini is on its roof?

car flips over. doors open toward the roof.... to cramped to kick out a window.... car catches on fire .. people die.... bing, baked people

icon8.gif One of my friends sent me pics of a girl in Cali that clipped a Honda at over 100mph in her 911. Hit the bridge abuttment, flipped, split her head in two. Yeah the pics showed her scalp hanging out of the window icon8.gif icon8.gif Apparently it was fairly recent.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Mar 26 2007, 05:36 PM) *

car catches on fire ...... bing, baked people

av-943.gif av-943.gif Ok so I'm warped.
scotty b
Went through my e-mail and found the pics. I'll spare you the gory ones. No that isn't oil on the concrete
So.Cal.914
Do you think its totaled? sad.gif

Damn. Do you have a link?
scotty b
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 26 2007, 05:33 PM) *

Do you think its totaled? sad.gif

Damn. Do you have a link?

OH YEAH it be totaled. I have pics of it upright that I WON'T post. VERY graphic as the girl is still in the car and her head is.......well you've seen Gallagher with a pumpkin right? I don't know where the pics originally came from. My friends wife sent he and I the pics with a STERN warning about our speeding unsure.gif Problem is, the speeding wasn't as big of a problem here as was the IDIOTIC driving and the lack of experience. Police report apparently said she was swerving in and out of traffic and had cut off several people before clipping the Honda
scotty b
I just re-read her e-mail. Accident was reported in the Orange County Register. Happened on the eastern 241 toll road. Girl was 18, name was Nicole Catsouras from Ladera Ranch
scotty b
Article

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/news/...cle_1340232.php
scotty b
Follow up article on the photos leaking out to the public

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homep...cle_1578192.php
jwalters
sad.gif Dude, that is profound!! Reminds me of the slide show I was forcibly made to view in boot camp. The "S.T.D. and genital warts" slide show ....You want to talk gory ass sh!t ...

<SHUDDER> <SHUDDER> blink.gif
jimtab
that's a lotta "ketchup" on the ground...looks like she emptied out...bad day....
Elliot Cannon
So this 18 year old steals her fathers car, is traveling 100 MPH on the highway hits a Honda injuring the driver and now the family is suing the state for $20 million? If I were the driver of the Honda, I would sue the family to get anything they win from the state.
Aaron Cox
5 miles from my house.....
Hammy
They're suing for the accident scene photos being leaked out.
Hammy
Oh, wanna forward me that email?
So.Cal.914
I did a search and it looks like they have all pulled the photos, guess they don't

want to be named in the suit.

You could post in the sandbox, its where they would belong anyway.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Hammy @ Mar 26 2007, 06:45 PM) *

For $20 million??? Their child did a very irresponsible thing and could have very easily killed someone else and the family is suing over some photos? Like I said, I hope the Honda driver sues the family for whatever they win from the state. Guess who gets to ultimately pay that $20 million? Maybe the pics should be on the front page. Maybe it would prevent another 18 year old from doing something stupid.
BMXerror
Is it just me, or are supercars too safe? Not enough of these accidents are fatal. And before you think I'm kidding, I'M NOT!! These rich assholes who came into a truckload of money through luck or corporate cock-sucking and think they actually deserve it, also think that they're invincible. And when they survive a crash at 100+ MPH, it only perpetuates that theory. They think that they survived simply because they're badass, and they'll just go out and do it again, and kill someone else in the process. I wouldn't mind a bit if that herd were to be thinned out a little.... a lot! Apparently the 911 princess was raised by mommy and daddy to think the exact same way.
Am I REALLY saying that supercar manufacturers should cut safety features out of their cars? No. But there should be a severe punishment for destroying such beautiful works of art and endangering so many, just because you can't keep you ego in check. <Rant over>
Mark D.
Hammy
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 26 2007, 07:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Hammy @ Mar 26 2007, 06:45 PM) *

For $20 million??? Their child did a very irresponsible thing and could have very easily killed someone else and the family is suing over some photos? Like I said, I hope the Honda driver sues the family for whatever they win from the state. Guess who gets to ultimately pay that $20 million? Maybe the pics should be on the front page. Maybe it would prevent another 18 year old from doing something stupid.

Oh, I know. I completely agree. I just wasn't sure you knew what they were suing for. It appears to have happened last Halloween. I hope the Honda owner sues, and the fact that the photos were leaked onto the net. Well, that's just tough and hard to fight in this day and age. The fact that some sick people actually emailed the photos to family members is wrong though.

I don't know how you're supposed to teach young people to drive safer. I know plenty of people my age who are terrifying to drive with. Do they need a wake up call somehow? How do you give it to them? I myself am as cautious as possible while driving. I know what the results can be.
Elliot Cannon
Good judgement and values are not inherited or instinctive. They must be taught. Who is responsible for teaching children good judgement and good values? Certainly not the state of California. This isn't aimed at anyones post. Just an observation and of course my own opinion.
BMXerror
QUOTE(Hammy @ Mar 26 2007, 08:08 PM) *

I don't know how you're supposed to teach young people to drive safer. I know plenty of people my age who are terrifying to drive with. Do they need a wake up call somehow?

Well, for starters, don't give your 18 year old daughter a 996 TT. I mean, come on! Second, all it is is 'common' sense. Unfortunately 90 percent of parents should not be parents, just like 90 percent of people on the roads shouldn't be driving, simply because they're not mentally qualified. If you raise your kid to be an idiot with everything else, all the safe driving advice in the world won't save them. I think the solution is forced vasectomies and tied tubes based on I.Q.
Mark D.
Hammy
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Mar 26 2007, 07:23 PM) *

I don't know how you're supposed to teach young people to drive safer. I know plenty of people my age who are terrifying to drive with. Do they need a wake up call somehow?

Well, for starters, don't give your 18 year old daughter a 996 TT. I mean, come on! Second, all it is is 'common' sense. Unfortunately 90 percent of parents should not be parents, just like 90 percent of people on the roads shouldn't be driving, simply because they're not mentally qualified. If you raise your kid to be an idiot with everything else, all the safe driving advice in the world won't save them. I think the solution is forced vasectomies and tied tubes based on I.Q.
Mark D.

Well it wasn't her 911 -
It was daddy's 911
which she stole .... blink.gif
Still even more so proves your point.
jimtab
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Mar 26 2007, 07:23 PM) *

Mark D.

IQ does not equal common sense and a lack of entitlement...as a rule.
scotty b
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 26 2007, 06:50 PM) *

I did a search and it looks like they have all pulled the photos, guess they don't

want to be named in the suit.

You could post in the sandbox, its where they would belong anyway.

I won't be posting the other pics anywhere. Both out of respect for her family and the fact they are just too damn graphic. 2 of the other pics are of the car upright with the girl still in it. Now look at the pics I posted and imagine where in the uipside down car her head is. Get the picture? barf.gif I know curiousity wants to see it but I'm not going to be responsible for showing it here.Sorry sad.gif
Brew
Good call, Scotty.

Tragedy for the families involved...

But another comment on this thread got to me.

Seems strange how the more safe they make cars, the less safe people drive them. Personally, I think most cars nowadays are too easy to drive, not commanding the operators full attention often or aggressively enough, causing people to either forget, or never learn, how to drive. How to be couteous and safe, how to drive on the right and pass on the left, how to signal your intentions of turning or changing lanes.

Most people aren't really driving, they're just along for the ride.

My $.02
Porcharu
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 26 2007, 06:27 PM) *

Went through my e-mail and found the pics. I'll spare you the gory ones. No that isn't oil on the concrete

The cause of the wreck is obvious - an automatic transmission. These vile things have killed more people than any other 'thing' that I can think of. Just think if everyone was forced to actually know how to drive before getting a license to drive vs. a permit to 'point' a car in the general direction that they want to go.
Still sad.
pbanders
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 26 2007, 07:43 PM) *

So this 18 year old steals her fathers car, is traveling 100 MPH on the highway hits a Honda injuring the driver and now the family is suing the state for $20 million? If I were the driver of the Honda, I would sue the family to get anything they win from the state.

My reaction, too. Absolutely pathetic what's happened in our country, when any horrible accident is viewed as a potential payday for someone. Hope her daddy and mommy enjoy the windfall they will likely receive from California taxpayers for a fatal accident that could have been avoided if her parents had taught her how to drive responsibly.
flesburg
I have empathy for her parents. Who wants to see anyone loose a child like that. We all have probably come closer than we will ever know to being in the same position they are in.

However, I think the state of California should post those pictures everywhere, and especially in high schools, and drivers classes. Flesh and bone does not hold up well against any solid object.

I also am of the opinion that every 16 year old should have to pass a PCA DE type of school, teaching kids how to control a car, before ever letting them out on the street. Most people who participate in DE events are much better and safer street drivers as a result.
BMXerror
I saw a story on like 60 minutes or something like that, where this lady was concerned that her 17 year old son drove wrecklessly. So she sent him to Skip Barber's school, and it really helped him. It really humbled him to start with. He didn't realize how bad he really was. Then after he got knocked down a few notches, he was able to pick up some useful skills. Even he said that he needed the wakeup call.
Mark D.
mudfoot76
QUOTE(flesburg @ Mar 28 2007, 12:54 PM) *

I have empathy for her parents.

I don't, but maybe that would change if I had children of my own. The only emotion I can think of for them is shame - they are ashamed that their precious little princess was actually a careless, wreckless disaster waiting to happen. The lifeguard at the gene pool said "YOU! Enough is enough, get out!"

I saw the graphic pictures. IIRC they were accompanied by a short article that said her tox report did not come back clean, and that allegedly she has an arguement with her parents before taking Daddy's Turbo out for a joy ride. (She sure showed them!!!) Judging by the severity of the trauma, she didn't suffer for very long. Probably all happened so quickly she didn't have time to register that in her frame of reference the universe had ended.

As far as that lawsuit is concerned, if I was a judge I'd throw it out as frivolous. Perhaps the person who originally leaked the photos should be disciplined somehow, but the dead girl's family should not be given a lottery prize because they couldn't take the time to be parents while the girl was still alive. It isn't the Cali taxpayers who are at fault for this, so they shouldn't be made to bear the burden of a penalty.
914nerd
Amen.
Also, it was being driven in a public place, was it not
It was news, and as such the pictures were distributed to aid the story
I do feel sorry with her parents, but they are also lagely to blame
When I (the same age as this girl) fight with my parents, I deal with it
I don't steal their cars and drive like an @$$hole
Then again, I would rather drive my teener instead biggrin.gif
It has none of those pesky modern "safety" features
And it actually has some character and feel to the driving
Just my $.02
dflesburg
anybody who wrecks a 911 at only 100mph isnt worth a crap as a driver, that road is straight, the car has great brakes, great suspension, 100 in that car feels like 40 in my F150.

You want to see scarey, find me a hill steep enought to get my truck to go 100, then we will try to stop.... aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
scotty b
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Mar 28 2007, 09:43 AM) *

I saw a story on like 60 minutes or something like that, where this lady was concerned that her 17 year old son drove wrecklessly. So she sent him to Skip Barber's school, and it really helped him. It really humbled him to start with. He didn't realize how bad he really was. Then after he got knocked down a few notches, he was able to pick up some useful skills. Even he said that he needed the wakeup call.
Mark D.

My only problem with that scenario is that if the kid is enough of a careless wreckless punk before knowing how to drive, IMHO he then will be WORSE because he now thinks he's a race car driver and can push his car even further.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.