Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how many litres of swepco
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
need to pick some up..... not sure how much....
So.Cal.914
Approx. 2.5 lts. / 2.6 qts.
blitZ
Seems like it's 2.5 quarts or so. I've only seen it sold by the gallon, which will be plenty.
pete-stevers
is there a particular type of swepco to buy??
Dave_Darling
201. http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca...M_pg1.htm#item0

That hand pump is very very convenient, too. I got one at my FLAPS, and feel it's the only way to get gear oil into the trans.

--DD
sww914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 26 2007, 08:14 PM) *

201. http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca...M_pg1.htm#item0

That hand pump is very very convenient, too. I got one at my FLAPS, and feel it's the only way to get gear oil into the trans.

--DD

Oh, there's another way. It's the way cheap, stupid people like me do it.
I jam a transmission funnel in the end of a 4' piece of old airhose, stuff the other end into the tranny fill plug and have my kid hold it. Then I stand up next to the car holding the funnel at shoulder height with one hand and pouring incredibly heavy gear oil in with the other, all the while reminding my boy to yell as soon as blue stuff starts REALLY coming out of the hole, and keep his face out of the way.
So, now we've got a filled tranny, gear oil all over the ground, a pissed-off kid with a partially blue face, and a dripping mess of a funnel/hose assembly, and not enough rags.
I love this stuff.
BigD9146gt
Hey Steve, I've got an extra mask and snorkel for Eli if you want... I could probably make a wiper system for the mask from an 80's Mercedes headlight system.
jasons
I got a gallon from Patrick Motorsports. The car used about 3/4ths or more of the gallon. Patrick uses the 203 with the moly additive, but most people suggest the 201. The moly additive has less friction, which isn't great for your syncros. I trusted Patrick and tried the 203 and it works great for me. YMMV

Funny 2 threads, today and I've plugged Patrick twice. I think I'll go take a shower now.
orange914
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Mar 26 2007, 05:11 PM) *

need to pick some up..... not sure how much....

does anyone know where i can buy it around modesto area (central valley, ca.) confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.