Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Restoration Design
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Grelber
This is NOT a bash R/D thread like the last one turned into (please). A month ago I talked to Bill and ordered panels for my rustoration. He said everything was in stock, and could be to me by the 15th, no problem. Well, the 15th came and went, w/ no panels. I have called EVERY DAY since the 16th, and only get the "we're working in the shop" voicemail. I have left messages to call me, and have not heard back. Needless to say, I'm screwed, because my welder is now on to other jobs.

Has anyone talked to R/D in the past two+ weeks? Can anyone local to them go by and see if they are even open???

Eric_Shea
Sounds par for the course... and in keeping with theme, that's not a bash. This is just Bill's SOP.

I can run by there weekend after next. I should be in E.R. on the 5th, 6th and 7th.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Grelber @ Mar 27 2007, 06:44 AM) *

This is NOT a bash R/D thread like the last one turned into (please). A month ago I talked to Bill and ordered panels for my rustoration. He said everything was in stock, and could be to me by the 15th, no problem. Well, the 15th came and went, w/ no panels. I have called EVERY DAY since the 16th, and only get the "we're working in the shop" voicemail. I have left messages to call me, and have not heard back. Needless to say, I'm screwed, because my welder is now on to other jobs.

Has anyone talked to R/D in the past two+ weeks? Can anyone local to them go by and see if they are even open???

what did you order from him?
r_towle
I would say from all that I have read, you really need to keep calling if you want to get what you ordered.

If you need it really fast AA/GPR tend to stock all the sheet metal.

Rich
Grelber
I would have cancelled my order and gotten the parts from AA or GPR, but Bill said (the time I did get to talk to him) that the parts had been shipped, and he would call me back w/ a tracking number. That's when the "not answering the phone" and no returned calls started.

George: email sent.
Eric_Shea
Bill said (the time I did get to talk to him) that the parts had been shipped

He did that to me too... then when I freaked out because my body shop had a car sitting in the bay doing nothing, he "really" shipped them and sent them 2 or 3-day.

Again, I'm too tired to harbor this stuff. Not a bash. That's just the way Bill is.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
For all of you who have had a problem with Bill I am offering relief. If you have a problem getting your parts from him and become exasperated, then and only then call us and we will match every one of his prices for the 914 parts he sells AND ship that day. We also have many many more 914 rust repair parts in stock than he has ever had available.
The only part that we cannot match are our clamshells that I personally developed and through an unfortunate turn of events lost the tooling to Bill. We however can sell them for 320 per set

This is not a solicitation only an offer of relief if any CLUB MEMBER continues to have a problem with our friend Bill.

Please remember buy from Bill first. He needs your help and support.
Grelber
Just a follow up to what George said. I called AA, and not only did George meet Bill's prices, he threw in a couple of other needed parts at no cost. My parts are on the dock, and go out tomorrow morning.

That's a standup job in my book.

Thanks, George. smilie_pokal.gif

(now all I have to do is try to reschedule my welder) sad.gif
r_towle
Hmmm,
does that also go for 356 sheet metal???

If so, are you coming to hershey George???
I hate paying for shipping, and I will have plenty of room.
Rich
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 3 2007, 02:40 PM) *

Hmmm,
does that also go for 356 sheet metal???

If so, are you coming to hershey George???
I hate paying for shipping, and I will have plenty of room.
Rich

Our stamping company k and k makes a lot of the 356 sheetmetal but under contract to stoddards, so we support them whole heartedly!!!!
eric914
QUOTE(Grelber @ Mar 27 2007, 06:44 AM) *

I talked to him last night. Paid on line and had a call with a week to confirm order and shipping.
thesey914
I had blindingly good service from these guys. I called left a message, they called back next day, I paid by credit card and just over a week later my engine shelf arrived -and I'm in England

IPB Image
freezing14
hey george , when calling to order sheet metal do we have to ask to speak to anyone in particular ro any promo number because I need some part to complete my car
Grelber
Got my panels today. 4 days from ordering to delivery. Thanks, George!
Eric_Shea
I guess you don't need me to head over there today and hand pick anything biggrin.gif

(bored in snowy E.R.)

E.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(freezing14 @ Apr 3 2007, 06:13 PM) *

hey george , when calling to order sheet metal do we have to ask to speak to anyone in particular ro any promo number because I need some part to complete my car

Not at all! Just identify yourself by your club handle and of course 914world!!!!!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 7 2007, 02:11 PM) *

I guess you don't need me to head over there today and hand pick anything biggrin.gif

(bored in snowy E.R.)

E.

70 here Eric, very sunny, and so many people have driven by today in their topless 914s!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Grelber @ Apr 7 2007, 02:08 PM) *

Got my panels today. 4 days from ordering to delivery. Thanks, George!

thank you Ron, and please remember that if your welder needs any fitment or fabrication advice we are here doing it everyday!
Eric_Shea
70 here Eric, very sunny, and so many people have driven by today in their topless 914s!

Shut up George... it snowed there last night too!! tongue.gif

I was watching the weather channel! biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
(can't ya tell I'm board? I'm watching the weather channel!)
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 7 2007, 02:17 PM) *

Shut up George... it snowed there last night too!! tongue.gif

I was watching the weather channel! biggrin.gif

The women who came by weren't wearing much either Eric.
Do you have the Wurth calender?
RustyWa
Is there a connection between AA sheet metal and RD sheet metal? Same stuff? What's the scoop?
Eric_Shea
The women who came by weren't wearing much either Eric.
Do you have the Wurth calender?

The sheep here are "nekid!" sheeplove.gif

(and cold)

biggrin.gif
freezing14
Hey George, I did placed the order, I was worry at first but it seems like you have a better hold on things in there, I was so glad you have the -6 rear caliper kit, I just cant wait to recive the stuff and add positive comment , and will surely buy more stuff and actually recommed AA in the future
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.