Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What about these windshields
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
My car is down at shelbys (aka flatout) for body work. I need a new windshield, found this on evilbay. Just wondering if anyone has used them? if so how is the quality?

Evilbay windshields
bd1308
only thing I see thats different on it is no green tint area at the top--its green shaded throughout, which is good for cutting down on glare!

id say go for ti
rhodyguy
so s&h is going to run $120-210 dependent on location. i'd call every glass shop within a 60 mile radius of home first.

k
Bartlett 914
Wasn't there a group buy on the other ...Gasp... board
StratPlayer
I bought one of those ebay windshields with blue tint on the top instead of green. I came well packaged, I had to have it sent to a business not to my home, something about they won't deliver to a residential address. Great windshield.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
This is where we get them! Ashamed when someone like this goes directly retail cutting out retail suppliers!!!!! Typical these days!
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Mar 27 2007, 08:07 AM) *

My car is down at shelbys (aka flatout) for body work.

Gar,
Got any pics of your 914s refurbishment? You know we're all suckers to see how others spend their money or their time sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif .

Paul
SLITS
Well, I just checked your site and you don't list them.

Perhaps if you and others sold more of them, they wouldn't go direct. Since I am in the wholesale business I can understand what they would do to move stock.

What's the wholesale price? (I really don't expect an answer to this). I bought them from China a while back at $120 each and they do fit well.

What's your retail price?

And .... they only have 4 up ... not like they're trying to kill the market for everyone.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 27 2007, 09:49 AM) *

Perhaps if you and others sold more of them, they wouldn't go direct. Since I am in the wholesale business I can understand what they would do to move stock.

What's the wholesale price? (I really don't expect an answer to this). I bought them from China a while back at $120 each and they do fit well.

And .... they only have 4 up ... not like they're trying to kill the market for everyone.

yes we list them. both tinted and clear and sell them for 264.00. The wholesale price is 195 each for four of them. We have the nice tinted ones like the original not the shaded variety typical for a 60's american car!

We sell about ten a month to give one an idea. Not a greatly popular item as the shipping is tricky, yet most who order order rubber items as well which help with the cushioning! (and of course a windshield installation kit!)
blitZ
Greorge, you didn't buy the 914 in Snellville, which was on Craigslist did you? Someone beat me by an hour or so.
SLITS
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 27 2007, 11:05 AM) *

yes we list them. both tinted and clear and sell them for 264.00. The wholesale price is 195 each for four of them. We have the nice tinted ones like the original not the shaded variety typical for a 60's american car!

We sell about ten a month to give one an idea. Not a greatly popular item as the shipping is tricky, yet most who order order rubber items as well which help with the cushioning! (and of course a windshield installation kit!)

Thanks George ..... great reply. Since they list theirs at $195, which is your wholesale cost, I would suggest they are biting the hand that feeds them. I always raise a price on eBay sales at least 20% above our wholesale price to provide a modicum of protection to our retail customers and then the item must be in overstock with very low demand.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 27 2007, 11:47 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 27 2007, 11:05 AM) *

Thanks George ..... great reply. Since they list theirs at $195, which is your wholesale cost, I would suggest they are biting the hand that feeds them. I always raise a price on eBay sales at least 20% above our wholesale price to provide a modicum of protection to our retail customers and then the item must be in overstock with very low demand.

thank you very much for the vote of confidence. We had been dealing with Richard for years and there was a big shakeup in his company a while ago. I had asked him several years ago if he would go by locally and look at a Mercedes for me, and I was very surprised when he would not do it. Seems like that is the nature of that beast. Little hints tell a lot about a person's character
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Mar 27 2007, 08:42 AM) *

Wasn't there a group buy on the other ...Gasp... board

There is, but nothing has come of it and I need one NOW.

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 27 2007, 09:47 AM) *

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Mar 27 2007, 08:07 AM) *

My car is down at shelbys (aka flatout) for body work.

Gar,
Got any pics of your 914s refurbishment? You know we're all suckers to see how others spend their money or their time sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif .

Paul

I only have some pictures of my prep work and travel down to Shelby's so far.

Here are a few.

1st - prep for body work
Click to view attachment

My rust issues, not much clap56.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

The rust collection biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment

Gas stop on the way down to Shelby's

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.