Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finding Seals?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Hey gents I wanted to go thru & replace some of my worn out seals. 6 years ago when I restored my 73 2.0 I bought a package of seals. It came with most the seals for the car. Not the coveted targa/windshield seal. Although I ordered 2 of those when I did my car by accident. Sold my extra to a guy for $120 headbang.gif . Anyway I really just need a few around my door windows. So please shoot me a few links for places. Thanks
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 27 2007, 08:58 AM) *

Hey gents I wanted to go thru & replace some of my worn out seals. 6 years ago when I restored my 73 2.0 I bought a package of seals. It came with most the seals for the car. Not the coveted targa/windshield seal. Although I ordered 2 of those when I did my car by accident. Sold my extra to a guy for $120 headbang.gif . Anyway I really just need a few around my door windows. So please shoot me a few links for places. Thanks

not to toot our own horn but since no one has replied we have all of them except the windshield top seal!
ClayPerrine
You can also check on the bird. They have that stuff too.

And Zims in Texas can get it.
dflesburg
I bought all mine about a year and a half ago.

Compare Prices....

Bought most at Pelican Parts
Others I got at Dealer
Still others I got from ebay

Nobody has the top seal... they always promise,

like an alcoholic... I actually think they mean it when they lie.
John
You must keep your eyes, ears, and wallet all fully open when looking for the seals. They are out there, but they are only available until someone buys them (typically in short order).

Be ready, willing, and able to buy.

Most seals (other than the windshield seal) can be found fairly easily. Shop.
Prices can vary wildly.

Beware of super low prices as you will end up with junk repro seals that don't fit or work.

I found a near perfect OEM windshield seal that was not used long. (no rips, tears, or cracks, and very pliable) It was offered for sale, and I bought it within minutes of it being offered.
GaroldShaffer
Check with Dave at GPR. That is where I got most of my seals
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.