Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Another super car bites the dust...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhadler
Don't watch if you have a low tollerance for watching fantasticcars being burtally slain by untrained drivers... At an autox no less

http://cbs2.com/video/?id=36333@kcbs.dayport.com

One less ENZO in the world now...

Hey Howard!! Did you get any bits and pieces???
-Josh2
DerekKim
Wow what a waste. A few qeustions. why the heck was the cement pylon so close to the track? So photographers could take pictures? Oh and why did they let an idiot drive a car??? He was going in WAY too fast.
Cap'n Krusty
And the bozo did it under 40MPH in a PARKING LOT! Story with commentary on the driver's abilities at:

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...E/70327002/1024

Film at:

The Cap'n
dr914@autoatlanta.com
who said "actors" could drive??
r_towle
Dibs on the motor.
SLITS
It seemingly appears that the Executive Producer made a movie about himself.

I'll give it a -3.5 without seeing it.
So.Cal.914
I thought that Ferrari had a 'No Idiots' policy on the Enzo? confused24.gif
BMXerror
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 27 2007, 07:52 PM) *

PLEASE!! If they had a "no Idiots" policy they wouldn't have any business! Rich people.... especially actors, as a rule, can't drive for shit!
Mark D.
Andyrew
Dont they have electronic steering control? That was a crap load of understeer....
Feel sorry for the guy.. Whomever made that course did a crappy job. An autox such as that should be a place were you should have no fear of running into anything. He is at the perfect place to learn how to drive, and no one is smart enough to help him..
jgara962
Has Howard aleady been down there looking for parts??? biggrin.gif
orthobiz
I heard commentary about how the guy behind the barrier doesn't seem to even flinch when it happens. Now, that couldn't possibly be staged...

Paul
SirAndy
those cones were what, like 3 feet away from the concrete ... blink.gif

whoever set up that course needs to be beaten ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
John
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Mar 27 2007, 07:06 PM) *

PLEASE!! If they had a "no Idiots" policy they wouldn't have any business! Rich people.... especially actors, as a rule, can't drive for shit!
Mark D.

To this day, I believe that Mr. Newman has done a fine job of racing. (or is he the exception to the rule?), and don't F1 drivers like Michael end up with gobs of money?

Granted, this "actor" was showing that he really doesn't know how to drive. It didn't appear that he touched the brakes until AFTER he hit the wall and rolled another great distance.
Michael N
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Mar 27 2007, 08:38 PM) *

I heard commentary about how the guy behind the barrier doesn't seem to even flinch when it happens. Now, that couldn't possibly be staged...

Paul

So the Enzo will be repaired and the producer will be rewarded for the success of the movie. Funny, I did not now anything about the movie REDLINE prior to this wreck. Staged? idea.gif Impossible! dry.gif

Thank goodness the cameras were in place to witness the event. unsure.gif

It appears many cars were sacrificed in the making of this movie. sad.gif
SirAndy
funny sidenote ...

just saw an interview with the guy on TV. his comment:
"brothers can't drive"

now, if a white guy had said that ...
blink.gif Andy
alpha434
Steve Mcqueen
jimtab
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Mar 27 2007, 07:06 PM) *

Mark D.

Oh, I don't know, Paul Newman and others come to mind...even at 80 he might just spank your ass for you.... biggrin.gif
pfierb
Graucho Marx
Joe Ricard
So this was staged to get more attention for the movie?
I saw the commercial and just got to go because of the girls in short shorts.
I am sure it will be done in a very fast and furious kinda theme.

Just get off the gas dumb ass the car would have spun off in a different direction. not plow straight into a freaking concrete barrier. and yea course should be set up with minimum 75 ft safe distance to any hazard.
pbanders
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Mar 27 2007, 03:48 PM) *

And the bozo did it under 40MPH in a PARKING LOT! Story with commentary on the driver's abilities at:

Film at:

The Cap'n

I read the article - I was more annoyed that they crashed two Carerra GT's while making the movie, one intentionally, the other by an "accident". There are a very limited number of these incredible machines, and to hear that two were destroyed to make another crappy movie is a sad commentary. The producer comes across as an enthusiast - he's rich, owns a bevvy of cars that all of us would die just to have a 30 minute drive in - but he's not a car enthusiast, because he clearly doesn't give a crap about his vehicles.

My 914 may not be worth much, but it's more loved and appreciated than any million dollar exotic in that dork's collection.
BMXerror
QUOTE(jimtab @ Mar 27 2007, 10:42 PM) *

Mark D.

Oh, I don't know, Paul Newman and others come to mind...even at 80 he might just spank your ass for you.... biggrin.gif

He probably would, and I'm not saying that there aren't exceptions to the rule. BTW, race car drivers don't count because they got rich by being good drivers. I guess the point is that MOST people can't drive for shit, and that's not changed by the fact that a person has a lot of money to throw away. A lot of people who own those things have no respect for the type of power they're dealing with, just like most people who aspire to own them have no idea what they'd be getting themselves into.
There wasn't much runout on that course, but still, he just blew it. No questions asked. You hear him get on the throttle and unload the front tires right before a super tight corner. Then when he realizes he's not going to make it, he doesn't let off or lightly trail brake. You see the car jerk as he jumps on the brakes after he's already off the course. It's full brakes, full lock, all the way into the wall. That's nobody's fault but his. The Enzo does have anti-lock brakes, but they don't work very well at full right lock.
I wouldn't say that it's staged just because I doubt anyone would risk their skin for a publicity stunt like that. Eddie Griffin's made his career being an over the top, stereotypically black, wannabe pimp. He's a prettyboy, not a stunt man.
And no, the producer obviously has no respect for cars. Just a waist of the hard work of people who have actually contributed to society. Enthusiast my ass. bootyshake.gif
Mark D.
dflesburg
My thoughts are:

If the car is worth a million and a half dollars, couldnt the Ferrari Factory fix it for say.... $750,000

Cmon.

No way that car is going to the crusher.... Its BS....

oh and "Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran!" - Beach Boys

1970 Neun vierzehn
clap56.gif
QUOTE(pbanders @ Mar 28 2007, 05:57 AM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Mar 27 2007, 03:48 PM) *

Film at:

The Cap'n

My 914 may not be worth much, but it's more loved and appreciated than any million dollar exotic in that dork's collection.

Brad, clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif beerchug.gif
jhadler
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Mar 28 2007, 01:06 PM) *

Just ask Qarl, and what happened to his Elise. Similar to the Elise, the Enzo is a carbon fiber monocoque chassis. Once tweaked, it's toast.

-Josh2
ChrisPaegelow
Anyone know how many Enzo's are left?
I know they made 399 originally, right?
scotty b
QUOTE(jhadler @ Mar 28 2007, 02:19 PM) *

QUOTE(dflesburg @ Mar 28 2007, 01:06 PM) *

Just ask Qarl, and what happened to his Elise. Similar to the Elise, the Enzo is a carbon fiber monocoque chassis. Once tweaked, it's toast.

-Josh2

UHhhh I believe the Elise questionably ended up on E-bay confused24.gif So goes the Enzo idea.gif
swood
The Enzo in question I believe to be one of three kit cars made for the movie that the driver is in. The car is owned by the producer = publicity stunt... smile.gif
jimtab
I heard today that Ferrari bought the wreck from the owner already....I bet they can fix it and make a few bucks...maybe they'll sell it back to the same dipstick.....HA!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.