Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauge Adapters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
martinef1963
Yesterday my CHT got in from egauge.com and today I was going to install the guage in the center console to get ready for install and the darn thing is smaller tha the rest of gauges.... dry.gif

I remember reading a thread a while ago on adapters for these smaller gauges. I looked on egauge.com and have done a search, but can't seem to locate that item/specific thread.

I took a pix - visuals are always good. happy11.gif

I can surely use your guys help - AGAIN. Or if someone has an adapter I would like to buy, trade and/or give up my first born, etc..

thanks,

Nando
jwalters
QUOTE(martinef1963 @ Mar 28 2007, 07:52 AM) *

Yesterday my CHT got in from egauge.com and today I was going to install the guage in the center console to get ready for install and the darn thing is smaller tha the rest of gauges.... dry.gif

I remember reading a thread a while ago on adapters for these smaller gauges. I looked on egauge.com and have done a search, but can't seem to locate that item/specific thread.

I can surely use your guys help - AGAIN. Or if someone has an adapter I would like to buy, trade and/or give up my first born, etc..

thanks,

Nando

Can you get the guy who made the brushed aluminum console parts make another one with the exact holes?? Those consoles look awesome dude! Wish I had em - dry.gif
martinef1963
QUOTE(jwalters @ Mar 28 2007, 08:07 AM) *

QUOTE(martinef1963 @ Mar 28 2007, 07:52 AM) *

thanks,

Nando

Can you get the guy who made the brushed aluminum console parts make another one with the exact holes?? Those consoles look awesome dude! Wish I had em - dry.gif

Good Morning Jay - I would imagine it would be a special order - don't know if he is up for it, but I do remember a thread that addressed this issue. Hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction.

Your option would be my last resort. Have a good day at work, and see you on Sunday - I think everything is in place - haven't recieved the low pressure fuel pump yet, and today I'll pick up the plugs, wires, break in oil, etc.....

Nando
Grelber
If it's for your center console, just make a new insert. About $5.00 worth of material and an hour of time:

IPB Image
iamchappy
I believe Pelican Parts sells the rubber adapter ring for the smaller 2 1/16 gauges.
This ring allows you to place your gauge inside the center console. Pelican Parts Tip: The ring does not do a good job of holding the gauge secure in the gauge seal. In order to achieve a good fit, get a roll of electrical tape and peel down the outside until it matches the outer diameter of the gauge. Then start peeling layers on the inside until you can slide it around the 2 1/16" gauge. This should make the gauge diameter the same size as the center console gauges, and it should fit well.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca..._ELgage_pg2.htm
marks914
Yo could have got one of these, no adapter or extra holes

Mark

IPB Image
warrenoliver
QUOTE(martinef1963 @ Mar 28 2007, 06:52 AM) *

thanks,

Nando

I don't know how to attach a link, but this was addressed in the archives. Here is the thread from Rand posted Jan 20, 2007. It also has a couple of photos. Might be just what you need.

Yes, sender under #3 sparkplug. I think it's super cool to have a switched setup with multiple senders, but your important temp figure is the hottest one. So use #3 until you go multiple.

I just replaced the clock in my center console. My VDO gauge was a little smaller in diameter than the stock gauges/clock, so I used a piece of ABS plastic pipe to make a sleeve. The dimensions were perfect.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.