Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koni vs. Bilstein
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
Per shox.com, bilstein sports are $469. Konis are $714.

Is that typical? is the difference noticeable? worth it?

Are there better suppliers?
McMark
Is that for all four?

I know Rich @ HPH had some. http://www.highperformancehouse.com
Joe Ricard
Bump for my reply on the "other board"
914Sixer
Shop around, price sounds high.
mrdezyne
Try allshocks.com for the Bils... $107 each plus free shipping on orders over $200...

The price difference sounds about right between the Konis and Bils, you pay more for the Konis since they have adjustable rebound.

You will get a lot of opinions on one VS the other. However I have never heard anything bad about either one, just individual preferences. Both are great, it comes down to what you have to spend and how you are going to use it.
Chris Pincetich
I bought my KONIs in January from LTB Motorsports. Free shipping and under $700 after sales tax was added beerchug.gif
sk8kat1
paragon

paragon has good prices on konis
woobn8r
I bought my 911 shocks/struts from Paragon

Excellent info and pricing

Cheers,

S.
QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Mar 29 2007, 02:08 PM) *

paragon has good prices on konis

sk8kat1
and they were super cheap on welt springs too
Rusty
I've purchased Koni's from both Rich Bontempi at HPH and Jason at Paragon. Got good deals in both places.
machina
can you still buy new front strut assemblies? the whole strut, not just the insert.
PRS914-6
$612.00 for Koni's from Shox.com......no complaints....Price must have gone up in the last year
Andyrew
Koni's are adjustable.. Bilsteins are not...

Any more questions?
Heeltoe914
I like Konis on a 914. I raced them for years. The best part is as time gose by and the shocks wear you can simply turn up the stiffness or adj, them and go. Plus the Konis CO. has a really good refurbish your shock program.
But I will say that if you are not going to see any AX time Bilstiens may be a better pick for you. I like to play with my cars so if you give me something to play with I will play with it. I Love to adj, things Konis give me that.
dekman
Has anyone tried Fox....? cat.gif
Crazyhippy
The bils will be fine for you Carlos... Or i can make you a great deal on my KYB's..LOL
Twystd1
I have a direct connect for FOX shocks.

I knew the ninelebun guys really like them.

I never thought of use them in a 914.... HHHHmmmmmmmmm

PM me with part numbers of what works on a 914. I will try to get prices for a single pair or all four.

AND... Does anyone know how well they work on our little cars?????

Regards,

Clayton
JPB
thats a sickly clean car but defeats the "less is more" concept
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Mar 31 2007, 02:34 AM) *

I have a direct connect for FOX shocks.

I knew the ninelebun guys really like them.

I never thought of use them in a 914.... HHHHmmmmmmmmm

PM me with part numbers of what works on a 914. I will try to get prices for a single pair or all four.

AND... Does anyone know how well they work on our little cars?????

Regards,

Clayton

smartracing sells them.

the fronts are an rsr strut, designd to be a coilove strut, and the rears are as shown.... both exernal resev

Eric_Shea
So... the other day I was eating off Dekman's tranny and...

Actually, I'm staring at the rotors. What's the weight savings?
grantsfo
QUOTE(Carlitos Way @ Mar 29 2007, 10:06 AM) *

Per shox.com, bilstein sports are $469. Konis are $714.

Is that typical? is the difference noticeable? worth it?

Are there better suppliers?

Guess it depends on what yuor intended use will be. If you have street/track car its always nice to be able to dial in dampening for paticular application. Bilsteins are great all around shocks. My track car has heavily dampened Bilstiens in front with adjustable Konis in rear I usually just keep rears cranked down to full firm.
Joe Ricard
Nanner Nannner I just bought and installed AFCO race shocks and tey were 149.00 each. user servicable. Tried to by Dekman's ols Carrera's on Evil bay but I decided to go with a race shock vs. street shock. FOX are pretty sweet if that pretty ass car ever sees the track they will be stunning.
tdsmoonchild
QUOTE(dekman @ Mar 30 2007, 11:04 PM) *

Has anyone tried Fox....? cat.gif

Hey, I'm interested in part numbers and pricing as well.
Joe Ricard
Just got Smartracing.com It's all there and more make sure your wife has the credit card before opening the page.

My money was just jumping out my pockets right into the Computer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.