Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front A-Arm Racing Bearing pictures(Hey JP)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Damn, I got these fine looking parts, but no car to put them on sad.gif

Pricing not set as of today, I still need to do some number crunching to make sure I make a few dollars smile.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image
tahoward
Those are beautiful! I'd probably put them on my desk. Too nice to use on my car. Great job!
J P Stein
I need numbers, and quickly, damnit !

Since you don't have a car to put them rubys in, send em' to me and I'll do a test fit......not one of them professional jobs, either, but your basic hammer mechanic install.....kind of a real world test.

One side would be fine. If I like em, I'll send back money for the other side.

I really don't like the "striction" I'm getting with the poly bushings. I'm sure they will break in, butt.......
Jeroen
Hey Mike,

These look very fine!!!
Let us know what #'s you come up with ASAP
Darn, if I had known you were working on these, I wouldn't have gotten me the bronze bushings from Elephant-racing...

Cheers,

Jeroen
Mueller
I only have 13 set's to get rid of once I take the two sets I need..........LOL

Luckly the wife has not seen the MasterCard to see what all these parts cost me...ouch
Mueller
390 plus shipping......I can get a set out today if you wish.
(plus tax for you CA folk)

JP,
If you really want to test fit one side, send me your address.
Jeroen
Mike,

Does the sleeve on the a-arm take care of any wear tollerances?

Cheers,

Jeroen
Mueller
The inner race as it is called, slips onto the A-arm with minimal effort. If the A-Arm is worn down, I'd recommend a new A-Arm or use a two part epoxy when installing the inner race to take up any slack that may be present.

As is, if there is no slack, LOCTITE or an approved equiv. should be used.

Brad is picking up two sets tommorow to install on a few of his customer's cars.

Hopefully he'll chime in and show pictures of the install as well.
Documentation is being currently written for these parts.
campbellcj
I'm still interested too, but there's a long and growing wish-list, with quite a few things that I need to do first. Just little matters like helping to prevent fire, engine destruction, and so forth.
J P Stein
OK, mike I sent you some Email. Dunno where it went, (home or work) but, since you're prolly lookin' here instead of workin', I figured you woud see this.

Go ahead and send the bits and I'll fit them ASAP.
If you can get them here by Friday, I'll do it this weekend.
Mueller
They will be shipped out today via UPS, tracking number will be sent to you tommorow.

Brad is on his way right now to pick up two sets for installation, you'll like one of the cars that is getting them smile.gif

Thanks again for you business,

Mike Mueller
brant
Mike,

I just sent you a message through the club...
Just in case its not direct to your account....
I wanted to chat about a pair of the bearings too...

brant
Brad Roberts
Guy's.. Mikes 390$ price is for people who are registered with this 914club BBS.

All others will pay: 425$ for the setup. I'm starting the install today (Thursday) on a F-prod car. I will shoot pics of every step (will take me twice as long to actually do the install.. but I'll do it for the CLUB.

B
Van914
That Brad, Always ready to help!!!

QUOTE]I will shoot pics of every step (will take me twice as long to actually do the install.. but I'll do it for the CLUB.[/QUOTE]

pain30.gif
Mueller
Thanks Brad...........

I think Derek-SF has a complete front suspension for free, let me hunt him down and ask if still has it and also ask why his sorry ass is not here on this BBS smile.gif

I can take some good picture of the piece parts here in my office, I'll shoot some with a black background and with a white background.
vortrex
hey now! I was here very early on, new screen name. this is the one I had as my original PP one, years before I lost my password. already talked to brad about the front suspension earlier this week, I guess he needed more than I had.
Mueller
Oh, that is you? Glad I didn't talk trash about you, LOL

So the suspension is not complete or what?

The A-arms are the most needed item, I have struts and the cross bar.

What the heck is vortrex? smile.gif
vortrex
it has struts, crossbar, control arms. no tie rods or steering rack.

BTW...how the heck do you get the struts assemblies off the ball joints?

what is vortrex? I have no idea actually.
Mueller
remove the pin/bolt and get a BFH , but watch them toes....

(now i wear steel toed boots in the garage smash.gif )
Gint
There's a lock pin with a nut on one end just above the ball joint. Take the nut off and whack the small end of the pin towards the large end with a hammer and drift.
vortrex
hmmm, I must be missing something. I took the nut off, the one that's on the "double taper stud". where is a pin? is the "double taper stud" the part I am supposed to pound out?
Gint
Yup
Brad Roberts
Derek,

We should arrange for me to pick up the front suspension as the dash you coulnt post for sale. Muellers six needs a dash ..badly.

I can change the oil on you current vehicle for you also.. LOL

B
vortrex
brad,

the dash sold the day I posted that ad. the suspension is here, but someone in my neighborhood stopped by and said he wanted just the struts. he didn't take them yet, maybe he wants them still, maybe not, I should at least find out first.

darn, I don't need an oil change right now! how about you figure out why my PS works so terrible on my land rover? wavey.gif
Mueller
Hey B,

I could take the dash out of the white '74 2.0 for the /6...
since I'd rather see the /6 get cherry'd out....the '74 is going to be sitting outside a lot...no more room for it in the garage
Gint
Are you selling that car or not? Doesn't really sound like you are.
Mueller
The /6 is for sale without a doubt...unless I win the lottery in the next few weeks boldblue.gif

Did you ever see the pictures? It's a nice car that just needs some TLC

Hey JP,

After I taped the box up I found the one drawing on my desk....I'll try and send you a copy via e-mail and I'll snap some pictures of the assembly I have sitting on my desk at work.....it's very straight forward.......(famous last words)

Mueller
Gint
The pics were kinda dark, but it looked decent. At $7500 I had some interest, but at the rate Brad is adding time and parts too it, I'm sure the price has gone up and will continue to rise. And rightfully so, don't misunderstand me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.