Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 915-WEVO Sideshift Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PRS914-6
I was assembling my 915 and noticed the WEVO kit does not have a backup light switch provision in it. Bummer.....

Those that have installed this kit, what did you do for backup lights?
SirAndy
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Mar 29 2007, 09:27 PM) *

I was assembling my 915 and noticed the WEVO kit does not have a backup light switch provision in it. Bummer.....

no answer for you, but i'm watching this.
i got my 915 with the flipped r&p and was planning on having hayden @ wevo put in a limited slip and add the sideshift endcover.

not having a backup light would suck ...
idea.gif Andy
John
I haven't done it yet, but with a Velios kit, I figured a spot for a micro switch/miniature limit switch mounted on the shift tower.

So far the track car doesn't have a backup light switch or a speedometer.
RON S.

On mine,I have a Velios unit.

I put a 7:31 ring and pinion unit in it.Then machined the housing to accept the
mechanical speedo gear and backup light switch.

When all that was done,I now had a clearance problem with the muffler.

So I had to make a notch in the muffler so everything had appropriate clearances for removal and installing.

Ron
East coaster
I haven't done it yet, but I was planning on just putting a toggle switch on the dash for a b/u light. I know it's cheesy compared to having it built into the tranny, but I don't drive it at night much and it's even more seldom that I need a b/u light even at night, so it will work for me.

How's your car coming along?? It will be awesome when completed.
PRS914-6
QUOTE(East coaster @ Mar 30 2007, 05:56 AM) *

I haven't done it yet, but I was planning on just putting a toggle switch on the dash for a b/u light. I know it's cheesy compared to having it built into the tranny, but I don't drive it at night much and it's even more seldom that I need a b/u light even at night, so it will work for me.

How's your car coming along?? It will be awesome when completed.

After thinking about it, I'll probably just blow it off. Like you, I don't plan on having it out at night much. I just don't think there are many alternatives except the toggle switch and I probably would skip that.

Car is coming along nice and almost ready for paint, I wish I had it back...... I had to make a "donation" to my painter who has a ton of hours in the car and was losing his ass at his bid price. He's too picky for his own good but it sure looks great !

Here is a pic to show the flare to rocker detail...Note the jack hole was filled up. I'll use a 964 scissor jack system.

Click to view attachment
914-8
No backup light on mine. If I felt I needed it, I'd probably just take the easy way out and hook up a manual switch.

That flare/rocker detail looks great! Very clean. What are you using for the beading between the rocker and the body?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Mar 29 2007, 09:27 PM) *

wait until you have to install a muffler!
dflesburg
How did they do it in the 911?

Perhaps when I do the 915 box I have, I will run to a manual switch on the dash and add another spot light to the rear of the car. since I have 8 forward facing lights, three pointing back doesn't seem like overkill...

PRS914-6
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Mar 30 2007, 12:16 PM) *

It's in the tail housing

After thinking about this even more ( I have a tendancy to do that), I'm thinking I could put a switch triggered off the tranny shift shaft. That would not be too difficult.....

On the rocker, no beading. I just duplicated the original gap and matched the flares to it.

dflesburg.....the switch on a 911 is mounted in the tail housing
John
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Mar 30 2007, 12:31 PM) *

QUOTE(dflesburg @ Mar 30 2007, 12:16 PM) *

It's in the tail housing

After thinking about this even more ( I have a tendancy to do that), I'm thinking I could put a switch triggered off the tranny shift shaft. That would not be too difficult.....

On the rocker, no beading. I just duplicated the original gap and matched the flares to it.

dflesburg.....the switch on a 911 is mounted in the tail housing

That is sort of what I mentioned in my reply, except in a differentl location. I think one can be easily mounted at the shifter tower/housing that would be reliable and effective and not add more wiring at the trans.

Good luck
PRS914-6
Just arrived from WEVO.....There is hope.....

Hi Paul,

We do have a version of the kit with a provision for the reverse light switch.
It resides on the end cover, you can see the area where the boss is unmachined. Uses the standard 915 switch and pin - although the pin is shortened to suit.

Regards

Hayden

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.