Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine grill "PORSCHE" letter retention thingies.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
What solutions have folks come up with for replacing the stock speednut thingies that hold the lettering on the engine grill and the grill work itself for that matter?
blitZ
The speednuts are fairly common, most hardware stores stock them. I think I got mine at Lowes. Just take a letter with you for sizing.

I took a P. rolleyes.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(East coaster @ Mar 30 2007, 06:20 AM) *

What solutions have folks come up with for replacing the stock speednut thingies that hold the lettering on the engine grill and the grill work itself for that matter?

The actual proper factory nuts are steel encapsulated in rubber. The part number starts 999 507 and is the same push on used to hold the grille together. There is a common nut used in the aftermarket that attaches with a socket.
Spoke
I found a common nut at the hardware store which would fit snuggly on the post then got the die for that nut and tapped the posts to accept the nuts. To finish, I painted the nuts black.

Spoke
dflesburg
ordered mine from local dealer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.