Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil temp sender
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sk8kat1
ok I have the wires hooked up right from the taco plate to the harness the gauge is hooked up right ... the only thing I can think is left is to replace the sender itself .. how often do they fail?

I only found one on PP would that one work with the stock temp gauge ?
John
They do not fail often. Check your wire for continuity first.

Good luck
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Mar 30 2007, 09:45 AM) *

ok I have the wires hooked up right from the taco plate to the harness the gauge is hooked up right ... the only thing I can think is left is to replace the sender itself .. how often do they fail?

Hi Mike.

My guess is that it is not plugged in under the taco plate. I read about 2.8K at room temperature. I assume it goes down with heat (NTC). Do you still have the pot I gave you for the CHT test?. Connect this to the wire going into the harness to the gage. Ground the other end of the pot. This will test the wiring to the gage. If you need a picture of the temperature sensor under the taco plate, let me know and I will post one.
sk8kat1
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Mar 30 2007, 10:02 AM) *

QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Mar 30 2007, 09:45 AM) *

Hi Mike.

My guess is that it is not plugged in under the taco plate. I read about 2.8K at room temperature. I assume it goes down with heat (NTC). Do you still have the pot I gave you for the CHT test?. Connect this to the wire going into the harness to the gage. Ground the other end of the pot. This will test the wiring to the gage. If you need a picture of the temperature sensor under the taco plate, let me know and I will post one.

I do still have the pot and that is a great way to test it .. thanks again!! thumb3d.gif

and yes if you can post a pic that would be great beerchug.gif

Bartlett 914
Here are 2 pictures of the taco plate and the temperature sensor. Under the first plate is the connection that has probably gotten pulled off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.