Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey, these guys have the front Targa top seals!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krazykonrad
www.mittelmotor.de

Thanks to Vegas Racer for posting the pics of Techn Classica Essen where I got the website!

Konrad
burton73
0,7611 new

Top seal in front

I do not see how you get it sent to the USA. I think this is Euros

So $231.00

Bob
Eric_Shea
They're pretty good about shipping stateside.
Tobra
Perhaps we could do a group buy and save a bit on shipping?

I had read about problems with Mittelmotor repro seals, anyone care to comment?
lotus_65
nice, but i have to wait for the cheap ones from AA.

Dr...? poke.gif
JPB
group smilie_pokal.gif buy smilie_pokal.gif group smilie_pokal.gif buy smilie_pokal.gif.............................
bd1308
I'm in for a group buy!
SLITS
I have had 40 seals on order (from Porsche) since last Feb '06. mad.gif Is that a "group buy"?
rhodyguy
no. i think that would qualify as a group wait ron.

k
SLITS
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 31 2007, 10:55 AM) *

k

No shit Dick Tracy ........

Last word from Germany was that the seals were gonna ship about the 1st week of April ..... but for the last year, each "ship date" is met with a new excuse as to why they wouldn't and a new ship date.

If Mittelmotor has the seals, they either had them made (as Gerorge was gonna do) or Porsche has actually made them and are shipping.

Somebody order one and see if they are in stock. I would love to pull my money out of Deutschland.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 31 2007, 10:05 AM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 31 2007, 10:55 AM) *

k

No shit Dick Tracy ........

Last word from Germany was that the seals were gonna ship about the 1st week of April ..... but for the last year, each "ship date" is met with a new excuse as to why they wouldn't and a new ship date.

If Mittelmotor has the seals, they either had them made (as Gerorge was gonna do) or Porsche has actually made them and are shipping.

Somebody order one and see if they are in stock. I would love to pull my money out of Deutschland.

And if my friend Michael had them I would have purchased them all by now. Believe me he does not have ANY!!!!!
SLITS
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 31 2007, 11:09 AM) *

And if my friend Michael had them I would have purchased them all by now. Believe me he does not have ANY!!!!!

And another Teener dream is bashed on the rocks of truth.
rhodyguy
the check is in the mail, we love you, and we won't....

k
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 31 2007, 10:20 AM) *

the check is in the mail, we love you, and we won't....

k

and I am trying as hard as I can to make this seal a reality. We have both the ones with the metal and the ones without in the works. The ones without the metal will be at a blowout price
rhodyguy
just so you know, that wasn't directed at you or aa what so ever george!
more on ron's ordeal and mm gettting to draw the interest on the dough.

k
Tobra
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 31 2007, 10:42 AM) *

I have had 40 seals on order (from Porsche) since last Feb '06. mad.gif Is that a "group buy"?

I remember that, told by AA about that time it would be 30 days until theirs were ready. Guess both are off eh? Don't let 'em see ya sweat George.

If anyone really had them, it would not be a mystery, still waiting...Bruce?
Solo914
I tried ordering them from mittelmotor about 6 months ago because I heard that they had them in stock. 3 days later they emailed me because they are on back order, just like everyone else.

They did ask if I wanted to keep my order with them(they had already charged my card) I cancelled it because for some reason I knew it would be longer then a few months...how does the saying go? I like my money working for me... not for them!

Kyle
dflesburg
I however, have been married for years... like 18 to a woman who hates me...

I know what "When hell freezes over" means.

my expectations of others are inversly proportionate to my serentiy.

I am much happier when I expect nothing from you.
burton73
Vulcanized rubber verses cast urethane rubber or silicone rubber. I have been in the Plastics business for 32 years casting plastic and rubber. Making a part like the top seal out of casting material would work but not give a great result in my option for years of life. George what are your people making your parts out of? I am currently injection molding a silicone part that is 2 inches long for part of a handle for one of my Color Changing Thermometers. Patterns and tooling take time and working out the bugs of production can take time but when you have it down with a good factory they will flow. You just hope there enough people that will pay the money needed to get your investment back. Over the years it is for sure that this will come true as the parts go bad just sitting there with the smog in the air. (This is in L.A) These cars are not going away and every one wants and seems to need a top seal.

Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.