Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Sunday is April Fool Day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cooltimes
This Sunday is April Fool's Day.
Ever been the victim or a better word, the fool?
Should be some good ones to tell about owning a 914 and all.
Knock us out of our tree and tell us about it.
BTW, Not everyone falls for it but some will play along to make it even funnier.
Ever do that? I do it all the time so share a good one with us.
ottox914
I am in charge of driver education in our club, and my yellow 914 is well known. I also am one of those in the forefront of wanting to see all Miatas banned forn the club, as they are a curse against us all. To darn many of them, secratary cars...

Last year, I was out of town for business in a southern state for 3 wks before 4-1, and added a thread to our club page of my adventures, and the cars I saw. One of our members was looking for a specific Miata, and I noted that while I had seen several for sale, none had met his specs.

On 4-1 I stated that while I had not found any Miatas that fit his specs, I did find a '99 sport, the ONE to have, and had purchased it, and would be going back down in a week to drive it back home.

All of the Miata faithful welcomed me to the flock, several folks wanted "dibs" on the 914, expecting it would be for sale, and 2 people correctly nailed it as being dated 4-1, and that me going to the dark side simply could not happen with out the world coming to an end.

I've got another good one planned for this year, but after last year, I don't think many will bite on this one...
SirAndy
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Mar 30 2007, 08:21 PM) *

Sunday is April Fool Day, What's your best ?

i got married on april 1st, so it's going to be my anniversary ...

btw. we picked that date on purpose ...
boldblue.gif Andy
Crazyhippy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 30 2007, 08:53 PM) *

QUOTE(cooltimes @ Mar 30 2007, 08:21 PM) *

Sunday is April Fool Day, What's your best ?

i got married on april 1st, so it's going to be my anniversary ...

btw. we picked that date on purpose ...
boldblue.gif Andy

My parents were married on Friday the 13th... Congrats on the anniversary clap56.gif

I was a pretty good runner in HS, and we had a meet on 4-1... Guess who had a cast on until an hour before my 1st race?? Coach almost killed me chair.gif

BJH
So.Cal.914
I had turned 18 a few months before and I came home just after 12:00 am

so it had been 4-1 for a few minutes. I came in the front door and my parents

were in the livingroom watching TV. I walked in and stood in front of the TV and

proceeded to tell them that I was "Gay", that I had met someone and that

lamonte and I were moving to a gay community up north and I wanted them

to accept me for what I was.

The looks on there faces were priceless.
SirAndy
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 30 2007, 09:08 PM) *

that lamonte and I were moving to a gay community up north

and, did you two move? confused24.gif

poke.gif biggrin.gif Andy
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 30 2007, 10:14 PM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 30 2007, 09:08 PM) *

that lamonte and I were moving to a gay community up north

and, did you two move? confused24.gif

poke.gif biggrin.gif Andy

No, but Iam still looking you handsome hunk of a man. gayfight.gif
sww914
Hey bruiser, I'm already up north.
abbott295
April lst is also my wedding anniversary. Thanks for reminding me, my wife is out of town. And our youngest, who flipped the 914 three weeks ago, was born on a Friday the 13th. Had a Volvo 145 then. OT.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(sww914 @ Mar 31 2007, 12:56 AM) *

Hey bruiser, I'm already up north.

Tease. biggrin.gif
cooltimes
Mine was a cookout I was giving at my house. About 20 people showed up and was ready for fun, food and drink. 1st I had any idea was when Red asked what was going on when we were both sitting in lawn chairs, dirty as you could imagine from yard work and people started coming in thru the gate to the back yard.
We didn't want to let anyone down so I got the grill out and lit the charcoal and was going to the store for the goodies when everyone said "April Fool".
Everyone had hamburgers and hot dogs they brought with them and the good golfing buddy of mine that called all of them and plotted the April fool joke brought all the beer since he worked at Schlitz. I didn't even drink beer back then but from that day on, I now do and drink a much different brew. I keep some cool ones in case any more surprise visitors show up.
Bartlett 914
It's not my wedding anniversary but I did start my business on 4-1. I have been in this fools business for 16 years.
Dr. Roger
I love walking up to a guy, pointing down at them and quickly saying, "Your slip is showing!!!"

They always look down... and then realize what's happened.

=)
bam914
Looks like a bunch of us were fools on that day. It is also my anniversary.
JPB
I think A-fools day should be every day like X-mas. The only problem is that I'm usually the victim of this kind of thinking.

I changed my mind, Bahumbug! beer.gif
cooltimes
If you really think about it, it doesn't take someone playing a trick on you for the benefit of others to make ourselves a fool. We easily accomplish this all by ourselves.

Always remember, the biggest fools in any month are those who always follow any self appointed leaders. Make all your 914 roads twisties by blazing your own new roads and honking your own horn.

BTW. Just sold my (# 40 ) 914 and it's getting picked up this morning.
Be yourself and you might never be disappointed.
Cooley
DNHunt
Daughter just got me a good one. She switched all the keys around on the keyboard. I have look so all I got was crap. I thought we had a virus or something. The good news is I'm running a scan.

Dave
ConeDodger
Some of you may know that I am the Education Director for a large multi-city ambulance company. I don't do weekends so Friday was my day to commit 4/1 mayhem...

Ten minutes before the end of our first shift together my student comes walking out of the bathroom at the ambulance quarters in street clothes. Four guys in the break room stared at him and then looked over at me. I said to him "You know we have to be available for a Code 3 right up to the end of the shift" He said "Yaa, I'd bet a $100 that will never happen". I went back to doing my paperwork but quickly sent a text message to the dispatcher who is a friend of mine... At precisely one minute before the end of the shift the Nextel radio barks "603 Code 3 Kaiser North". I got up and said to the crew member holding the radio "put us in route please" and he and I walked out the door to the ambulance barn briskly as I said over my shoulder "you better hurry Derrick". Adam and I went to the front of the ambulance and I started the engine and turned on the wig-wags. Derrick came running out with his uniform half on and saw Adam and I high-five each other and say "happy early April Fools Day... Oh and Derrick, you owe us a $100". He nearly shit himself... piratenanner.gif
effutuo101
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Apr 1 2007, 08:09 AM) *

Daughter just got me a good one. She switched all the keys around on the keyboard. I have look so all I got was crap. I thought we had a virus or something. The good news is I'm running a scan.

Dave

That is a good one. Luck for you there is a restore default settings key. My family is still sleeping so I am still thinking about what to pull.
A couple of years ago, a friend of mine moved all of the hinges on the fridge and left the door handles where they where. My wife thought the fridge was vapor locked. Later that night, when she was watching a scary movie, i snuck up on her and when the TV showed a hand coming out of a box, i reached over the back of the couch and grabbed her. happy11.gif
JPB
Words well spoken and as chief Chechnuchkook said, " Why put tomahawk in yourself when it is much more pleasent to put it into others." agree.gif

QUOTE(cooltimes @ Apr 1 2007, 12:54 AM) *

If you really think about it, it doesn't take someone playing a trick on you for the benefit of others to make ourselves a fool. We easily accomplish this all by ourselves.

Always remember, the biggest fools in any month are those who always follow any self appointed leaders. Make all your 914 roads twisties by blazing your own new roads and honking your own horn.

BTW. Just sold my (# 40 ) 914 and it's getting picked up this morning.
Be yourself and you might never be disappointed.
Cooley

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.