Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beautiful day at Thunderhill today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
nine14cats
I was at Thundherhill Raceway up in Willows, CA today. Will again be running here tomorrow. Today I got in 5 sessions and continued to play with the suspension settings of Lucille. Lots of fun for all. Temps were in the mid 70's and there was a slight breeze. Man, this was so much nicer than sitting in my office at work.... laugh.gif

Got the Spec car down to 2:13.5 laps. This is going to be a nibbling process to break into the 9's. I had Dan Thompson ride with me today and we haven't quite figured out where to get those 3.5 seconds yet. I was flat to the floor in several spots on the track, including several turns. I softened the shocks in the afternoon and picked up 1 second, so we'll try a few things in the early morning sessions. I'll then put on the V710's and see if we can put the car in the 11's or 12's.

The only bummer of the day was seeing Fritz with the new owner break a stub axle and chew up the 930 rear trailing arm. They were frantically working on it in the afternoon and had a new axle in, but the damage to the trailing arm may be too great to reattach the rear brake caliper. Until the mechanical, the car looked great. Poor Fritz....

Can't wait for tomorrow....man do I love driving on the track.... driving.gif

Bill P.
drew365
Good luck Bill. How do your times with Lucile compare to your old 914-6 times so far? I've only been to T-hill once. My best lap was 1:12.1. It seems like Lucille is more than competitive with a 2.7 914.
SirAndy
QUOTE(drew365 @ Mar 31 2007, 10:05 AM) *

My best lap was 1:12.1.

now that sounds awfully fast. are you sure that wasn't a 2:12:1 ? biggrin.gif

anyways, T-Hill is a great track, i love it up there. wish i could have been there ... sad.gif

soon, i tell you (and myself) ...
mueba.gif Andy
sww914
Drew, did you get your car fixed after Vegas?
What did you end up doing different this time?

Steve w/ blue 914-6 guys across from you.
nine14cats
QUOTE(drew365 @ Mar 31 2007, 11:05 AM) *

Good luck Bill. How do your times with Lucile compare to your old 914-6 times so far? I've only been to T-hill once. My best lap was 1:12.1. It seems like Lucille is more than competitive with a 2.7 914.

Hi Andy,

Yesterday I was able to get Lucille down to 2:11.6 and I had Rich Walton of Jerry Woods Racing drive the car (he's a local hot shoe) and he got to 2:10.5 on a few laps. It appears the car is capable of 9's.

I'm finding that the car is struggling without a limited slip. As you push the car through an off camber sweeper Lucille will hop and pogo in the rear. And even with a cage welded in and 450lbs springs up front and 500lbs springs in the rear the car is lifting the front inside wheel under full throttle out of turns.

Still...a ton of fun! And pulling up and passing 993's in a blast!

Bill P.

drew365
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 1 2007, 05:06 AM) *

Drew, did you get your car fixed after Vegas?
What did you end up doing different this time?

Steve w/ blue 914-6 guys across from you.

Hey Steve; I'm still working on it. I had to pull the trans, get the broken stud out and a helicoil put in. I just reinstalled the trans yesterday. My gas pedal never hit the stop so I'm assuming I was overextending the cable. Don't know why it started breaking the stud now since it's been like that for 3 years. I made a longer stop behind the pedal so now I need to get it adjusted so it hits the stop at full throttle and I should be all right. A lot of work for a small screw up. Bill's spec Boxster looks better all the time.
drew365
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 31 2007, 01:31 PM) *

QUOTE(drew365 @ Mar 31 2007, 10:05 AM) *

My best lap was 1:12.1.

now that sounds awfully fast. are you sure that wasn't a 2:12:1 ? biggrin.gif

mueba.gif Andy

What, you've never exagerrated a little? biggrin.gif
Maybe it was a 3:12. I seem to get faster as my mind gets older. drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.