Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please show me your Canary yellow cars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
burton73
I am torn on painting my car the color it came out of the factory with I got my COA from Porsche and that was its color.
914-6 #41 is going to have 7” 9” Fuchs Chrome plated/black chrome paddles/ chrome bumpers with black top and sail panels it should have good contrast of colors. Canary would be easer to paint as blue metallic needs to be done all at the same time and can be tricky to do. I am not sure. I need to see more cars in yellow and blue.

What the hell is the story on yellow and fast cars. I know do not eat the yellow snow.

Bob
1970 Neun vierzehn
1970/4 factory canary yellow......."narrow body", sorry rolleyes.gif
sixnotfour
more here:
http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/dealer_built_9146gt_buzzani_pa
jwalters
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 31 2007, 05:55 PM) *

cool.gif Wow, that is one cool pic!! At the risk of my eyes deceiving me: the angle of his front wheels + the 'rise' of the left rear flare + the signage which looks to be only inches away - -

Yep, I would almost state with certainty this fella with the grin has it in a full on slide!! biggrin.gif

Looks fun!!
boxstr
Yellow with flares
Eric_Shea
What the hell is the story on yellow and fast cars. I know do not eat the yellow snow.

I think it's a light spectrum thing but, if that were the case Red and Orange would simply win hands down. biggrin.gif

I am torn on painting my car the color it came out of the factory with I got my COA from Porsche and that was its color

I think #41 is a "special" car. It's an "extremely" early 6 and it has some vendor history (Troutman etc.) right? confused24.gif

I would do as much as possible to keep it in the original vein.
burton73
Yes Eric, Very special, very trick for its day when set up in the late 70s.

Today I went down to pick up the rockers to get to Allen and I saw the area under the rockers for the first time. Got a real good look at the routing of the braded stainless lines and I still see some yellow in some places. I need to paint it yellow. I am so lucky to have a car with so little rust almost no rust. The only place that I can find any rust is a very small amount in the surface around the rubber in the hood rubber where the water would collect when it would run down the hood and run over the edge. I am real happy on the body on the car. I see the yellow looks different on different peoples cars.

The monitor will not show a true color. Back to the fast yellow cars!!

Thanks,

Bob
Crazyhippy
Ok, no flares, and it's ONLY a 4cyl happy11.gif But it's Damn fast calvin.gif

And has an appetite for flared 6's stirthepot.gif wub.gif confused24.gif

BJH
Elliot Cannon
Wide body. Still awaiting a motor.
TJB/914
Stellmach's 914-6 Canary Yellow in front, next is Sunflower Yellow & garaged one is Chrome Yellow. Yellow is difficult to photograph.

T
J P Stein
Lotta nice still life there. May as well be dandylions biggrin.gif Yellow rules
burton73
Wow!! The chrome yellow is hot and Sunflower Yellow is great as well. When all lined up the Canary is a little mellow. Looks likes it is faded in comparison.

Bob
TJB/914
unsure.gif
QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 31 2007, 07:37 PM) *

Wow!! The chrome yellow is hot and Sunflower Yellow is great as well. When all lined up the Canary is a little mellow. Looks likes it is faded in comparison.

Bob

Bob,

Go with Chrome Yellow!!! thumb3d.gif

T
Porsche Rescue
Canary '70 914-6......Eric knows her well.
burton73
But look at this picture. On this 914-6 The Canary looks very alive!!

Bob
sixnotfour
914-6 #41 is going to have 7” 9” Fuchs Chrome plated/black chrome paddles/

Please dont chrome your Fuchs, have em properly refinished and reanodized. Unless you already have em, your good to go beerchug.gif
my 2 cents
burton73
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 31 2007, 09:40 PM) *

914-6 #41 is going to have 7” 9” Fuchs Chrome plated/black chrome paddles/

Please dont chrome your Fuchs, have em properly refinished and reanodized. Unless you already have em, your good to go beerchug.gif
my 2 cents
I just got a set of 7” 8” and I am going to refinish them and put them on my Carrera and put my Carreras on the 914-6 #41. Al Read does my wheels and he is the best. When you do not drive that much all it takes is a spray of Windex after a days ride and a paper towel and they are like the day Al put them on my car ( Al Read told me to do this) . Hand painted center caps. Bling, Bling

Bob
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 31 2007, 10:20 PM) *

When you do not drive that much all it takes is a spray of Windex after a days ride and a paper towel and they are like the day Al put them on my car ( Al Read told me to do this) . Hand painted center caps. Bling, Bling

Bob

Bob the wood in a paper towel will scratch even chrome in time, use

a cotton cloth. smile.gif
Lou W
hijacked.gif

Windex works great on paint and chrome after a days driving.

Is there a difference between Canary Yellow and Speed Yellow?
TJB/914
Hi Bob,

By now I am sure your totally confused on Yellow's. My advise is to buy a few sample yellows at the paint store and paint them on a spare hood and make your own decision. Everyone of us has personal favorite yellow's so don't listen to us. It's your personal choice & remember the rule. Paint the Porsche color that is an original color to the year. In the long run you will be happy with this decision. Having said that, Canary Yellow is the correct color for your 1970 914-6!!!! It's a beautiful color.

T
scotty b
How come every time I see Elliots car my weener starts to tingle? blink.gif
JoeSharp
QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 1 2007, 08:35 AM) *

It's trying to remember something you forgot about.
scotty b
[quote name='Joe Sharp' date='Apr 1 2007, 08:50 AM' post='882308']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 1 2007, 08:35 AM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[/quote]
It's trying to remember something you forgot about.
[/quote]

Like the fact that there are actually 914's that RUN? laugh.gif
pbanders
Not Canary Yellow, but Desert Beige

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.