Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear 914-6 Valance vs 911 Muffler Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I have a stock 911 banana muffler on my car and want to use a 914-6 valance with the hole for the tail pipe.

Can the tail pipe on the muffler be cut off and another welded on with the proper bend to exit out of the valance or does it already fit properly?
smg914
The exhaust pipe on a stock early 911 muffler exits the left side of the bannana at a different angle than the stock 914-6 muffler.

So to answer your question, a 911 muffler exhaust pipe will not fit through the 914-6 early valance hole without modification.
Crazyhippy
In answer to part 2, a decent muffler shop should be able to make a new tailpipe that fits out the hole, for a 6 pack of adult beverages and maybe a $20

BJH
Gint
agree.gif With both of the previous posts.

Whatever you do Allan, don't sacrifice the /6 valance. If you end up in a position of needing to do that, save the /6 unit and sell it to a CW for all the money. Then sacrifice a 4 unit.
Michael N
I have a non OEM muffler on my car and when I put the Original valance back on I had a muffler shop cut the tail pipe off and install a new tail pipe with the proper bend to exit the valance. They charged me $40.00.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.