Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rob Watson came to visit Southtown
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
So when he rolled up I already had a "to-do" list working up.
Cleaned idle jets synched carbs reset idle speed
discovered his MSD is a retard. or at least does not have near as much advance as a Mallory.

Set timing and then re set idle speed. Drove down my favorite back road "Made Rob say "Whoa" and some other things. Stock suspension and skinny little tires are fun to hussle in the twisties.

This is the motor I put together for him a few years back. Once it got the special treatment form it's maker it hauled pretty good.
Probably coulda spent allot more time but my driveway was filling up with other cars too. including my own.

And mine it WAY faster than his.
DerekKim
I'm bummed I missed him! Was that the road we went on a while back? That's a fun road! I tried calling around 4 when I got off of work. No answer. You were probably wrenching. Sounds like y'all had fun!
Joe Ricard
Yea 4 O'clock I was probably running down the road again. can't hear the phone over the WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!
We will have to run over to Barry's some time when he is putting his motor together.
watsonrx13
Hey Joe, just got home, dropped the teener off at the shop and picked up the DD....

Car ran well the whole way back, until the stop for breakfast... Tried to start it, nothing but a couple of clicks... OK, get out the screwdriver and jump the starter, started right up... Got off of the interstate at the house to gas up, tried the ignition, nothing, tried the starter, nothing.... Ok, it's warm let's push start it.... fired right up.... I guess the starter is cooked, I'm going to pull it and put a spare in, also take it to Pep Boys and have them test it....

BTW, the CHT ran the same, 350-400, idle is better at 1200, I'm going to try to find some stronger springs, brakes still to be bled again.... Gas mileage went up to about 28 mpg....

Each time we stopped, going and coming, the trip-o-dometer showed either 323, 323 or 326 miles, right at 1/4 tank left....

It was a great time in Southtown, even if we did have to work on a Civic.... biggrin.gif ...

You'll be kickin some serious A$$ with those new shocks... driving.gif

-- Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.