Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another one bites the dust...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
Scott came over yesterday and we dismantled a 72.

Well, another one gone:

1972 914
VIN 4722913029
Build date 03/72
Chassis 1149534
Color: L041

We had a great time... plenty of cold beer, snacks and I cooked burgers and brats on the grill! Scott brought his son along, who's turning into quite the wrench himself!

Unfortunately, we only got started on the cutting. We worked hard all day and accomplished quite a bit. Below are some pictures!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Rusty
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Rusty
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Rusty
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Rusty
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
mrhurtalot
gayfight.gif
Rusty
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Rusty
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Rusty
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Rusty
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Rusty
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Rusty
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Rusty
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Rusty
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Rusty
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
mrhurtalot
coolpics.gif theexperience_hud.gif theexperience_hud.gif theexperience_hud.gif theexperience_hud.gif theexperience_hud.gif hitfan[1].gif ravenna914.jpg bananabang.gif toast.gif
Rusty
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Rusty
IPB Image

This car suffered from severely rusted floorboards, battery tray and hell-hole missing and the longs were pretty rusted. Was it repairable? Only if someone really, really loved it. sad.gif

That's all the pictures that I have. I know Scott has a few.

Derek is planning on coming up to get the rear clip on Tuesday. In the rear clip, the lower firewall is intact and the rear trunk is usable for someone. He's going to salvage the parts out for someone who needs them. The rest of the cutting (front trunk & fenders, etc) is going to have to wait for about two weeks. Next weekend is Talimena... I'll have to repack my tools for that.

Hey Scott... Remember the tools you were looking for? I found a box with some tools and a handful of cutoff wheels that don't belong to me. drunk.gif
TINCAN914
Are these chrmoe pieces for slae?
If so how much? Please PM me price...
addwestern
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Apr 1 2007, 08:28 AM) *

IPB Image

This car suffered from severely rusted floorboards, battery tray and hell-hole missing and the longs were pretty rusted. Was it repairable? Only if someone really, really loved it. sad.gif

That's all the pictures that I have. I know Scott has a few.

Derek is planning on coming up to get the rear clip on Tuesday. In the rear clip, the lower firewall is intact and the rear trunk is usable for someone. He's going to salvage the parts out for someone who needs them. The rest of the cutting (front trunk & fenders, etc) is going to have to wait for about two weeks. Next weekend is Talimena... I'll have to repack my tools for that.

Hey Scott... Remember the tools you were looking for? I found a box with some tools and a handful of cutoff wheels that don't belong to me. drunk.gif

You should have omitted the sawzall pictures and shown how you busted the 914 in half by your combination of alcohol and brute strength....

Nate
DerekKim
Sweet! I'll PM you. I'm having some issues.
McMark
That sawzall must be called The Earthquake! It makes the camera shaky. av-943.gif
SGB
beerchug.gif

Austin and I had a good time! Hope you got the interior parts in before the rain got here last night. Good eats, good drinks, power tools and rust! None finer. Pics to follow- type.gif
DerekKim
tincan- if he hasn't pulled em. When I get the rear end you can have them for the cost of shipping if I can get them off. Do you need the one on the rear side of the sail panel also?
SGB
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
SGB
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
TINCAN914
QUOTE(DerekKim @ Apr 1 2007, 03:08 PM) *

tincan- if he hasn't pulled em. When I get the rear end you can have them for the cost of shipping if I can get them off. Do you need the one on the rear side of the sail panel also?

Derek,

No just the two I circled, on both sides. Mine are thrashed, PO used glue to mount them. and when I pulled them off for paint, they went to crap...

Thanks!
dakotaewing
Rusty -
That windsheild Targa seal looks to be in good shape if you can get it off without
destroying it...

TE
Rusty
Funny you should mention that...

Link
ClayPerrine
Now this is irony.. LB Is busy cutting up someone else's 914 while I am putting his back together!!!

Rusty
I'm not cutting up "someone else's car"... it's mine.

Geez, you make it sound like I snatched one off the street and attacked it with a sawzall... chairfall.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Apr 1 2007, 09:54 PM) *

I'm not cutting up "someone else's car"... it's mine.

Geez, you make it sound like I snatched one off the street and attacked it with a sawzall... chairfall.gif

Ok. .then can I have the tail light lenses for Betty's car???? poke.gif

Rusty
Of course. They're really nice. No cracks, but they need some polish for the little scratches they seem to collect with age.

Someone recently did a thread on polishing plastic lenses and shift/heater knobs, I think. That was a killer thread and would make a great how-to. rocking nana.gif
abbott295
Parts are available, I presume? I'm very interested in that part in post 9, I think it was, that the rear wheel (left, driver's side is the one I need) attaches to, and the windshield with the frame and all, and I guess the wing windows also, front turn signals and housings. I'm the one with the topic "Wrecked. What to do?" from three weeks ago. There are some pictures of the damage. I'm interested in getting it running for now, not so much in body work that's not necessary to drive it. Driver's side mirror too.

If you look at my pictures, the driver's side rear wheel is bent outward. I got the wheel off (had to cut the tire) and can see that that arm is bent. Haven't had the time to investigate more. And now Peter says something in the suspension or steering on the bimmer has broken. Don't know what yet.
ClayPerrine
She says she won't take anything from you.. But you can fetch her a beer next weekend at Talimena.

whip[1].gif

Rusty
QUOTE(abbott295 @ Apr 1 2007, 10:20 PM) *

Parts are available, I presume? I'm very interested in that part in post 9, I think it was, that the rear wheel (left, driver's side is the one I need) attaches to, and the windshield with the frame and all, and I guess the wing windows also, front turn signals and housings. I'm the one with the topic "Wrecked. What to do?" from three weeks ago. There are some pictures of the damage. I'm interested in getting it running for now, not so much in body work that's not necessary to drive it. Driver's side mirror too.

If you look at my pictures, the driver's side rear wheel is bent outward. I got the wheel off (had to cut the tire) and can see that that arm is bent. Haven't had the time to investigate more. And now Peter says something in the suspension or steering on the bimmer has broken. Don't know what yet.

I'd rather not let this thread become a classified ad... PM me, k? smile.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 1 2007, 10:20 PM) *

She says she won't take anything from you.. But you can fetch her a beer next weekend at Talimena.

whip[1].gif

I'll bring the lenses. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.