Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold mine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cooltimes
Just sold my 914. I drove it down the street, turned around and then up the ramps on the trailer. Only the 3rd time I had driven it. Rode very nice too.
It left here headed East on I40 toward Nashville about an hour ago on the back of a flatbed trailer. Jackson to Nashville is about 2 hours.
Next leg out of Nashville will be South on I24. If you see it, snap me a photo and put it in this thread.
Headed down to Chatanooga and then more South later.
Thanks.
A free bonus to the person who bought it was a full set of 914 seals including the rare windshield top seal. New one sold on Ebay for $1200 but it was free to the new owner of "Smoky". Who that is will be for them to say. I am thankful it went to someone who loves 914's.
This was my 40th 914 since 1970. NO MORE. I've had enough to last many lifetimes.
1st photo is me saying bye to "SMOKY" It's spelled the way I wanted.
2nd photo is pulling away, the last goodbye.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Rusty
blink.gif
Andyrew
Lemme guess.. April fools?
cooltimes
Rusty,
wacko.gif would be more accurate. beerchug.gif

Couldn't have done it without a certain box of rubbers. Not Trojan.
Actually the 914 drove well but Smoky HE smoked faster than Cheech or Chong.
Never had a tranny on a 914 shift more smooth or quieter.
Have a good trip. Be safe.
Be Audi. Never follow, always lead.
Cooley

PS Like your house Rusty.

Andyrew,
This fool doesn't need April. Any day is the perfect day for me. I did sell it.

JPB:
Took me 37 years. Poor man I'm, not good. Just ask any Texan.
JPB
Wow 40th? You are a good man to keep 40 of these puppies on the road. Keep up the good work. We need more people like you brother. beer.gif
cooltimes
QUOTE(JPB @ Apr 1 2007, 06:49 PM) *

Wow 40th? You are a good man to keep 40 of these puppies on the road. Keep up the good work. We need more people like you brother. beer.gif

Never had one I didn't license to drive except this last one. Ran out of money long ago, got too old to bend and spring back, fog on the brain too. When I needed some hands and asked, even willing to pay what I could afford, none ever arrived. That's the way the Southern crows do. They only fly to where there is lots of corn.
Actually I have had 43 914's but gave 3 of them to other people to license and drive since I had more 914's than my neighbors had children.

One person on here, sold me their's after wrecking it years ago. They were moving out of state to a new job. It was at a farm with the big old horses, Packards, and I didn't have any idea they wanted to buy it back later since it was a real wrecked 914. I think that was the 1st time I ever had a 914 owner pissed at me. Beautiful green with all the best condition parts on it. I used every part I could get off of it and let the frame with all the really bent metal be hauled away. Mr. Secord owned the farm so who I am referring to will know that was me. I had 7 of them to take care of and get running. Boy, was I wealthy then.
This is it. As soon as I wrap up, I will only look in to see who is still living among the old farts I know. When I die, I won't be back. hahahahahaha

Cooley
So.Cal.914
Well stop by and say Hi mike, Sorry I couldn't get there to help.
Gint
It's a sad day Mike. You'll always be welcome here though, 914 or not.
cooltimes
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Apr 1 2007, 08:49 PM) *

Well stop by and say Hi mike, Sorry I couldn't get there to help.

That's just the old man in me whining but I do appreciate a 914 friend like you Paul.

Even if I had been offered actual help by someone driving up and start doing helpful things, I would really not want the help.

All I ever asked for and wanted was instructions to do the task myself if I could. It worked well when Rand and others talked me thru the starter drama I was having.

That is why I sold my 914 today. I couldn't do it anymore by myself and the help would have been wasted.

There is a 914 clique. When you fall outside the circle you may as well throw in the towle. LOL private joke.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.