Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I was minding my own business on Friday... and...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
I'm cruising down the parkway about 70mph, when I see this hideous yellow car off to the left. It's yellow, and has a huge wing on the back.

But... wait... did I see the seam of a targa top?? That doesn't even look like a 914.

Well, I went to my appointment... and took a different route on the way back.

The "rest of the story" is below...

Rusty
Rusty

The last picture is under the car. It's dark and blurry, but if you squint, you can tell that they ran the radiator hoses the length of the car... directly underneath the center tunnel.
Rusty
As I'm walking around this fiberglass monstrosity... a greasy guy walks up and the conversation goes like this:

Mechanic: Hi! How are ya!
Lawrence: Good. I'm Rusty. The owner of this thing wouldn't happen to be around, would he?
M: Nope. Why, do you like it?
L: Uhhhh...
L: Actually, I think it's a God-awful piece of crap.
M: (proudly) It's a "Porsch".
L: (to myself) Well, it used to be.
L: What's in the engine bay, do you know?
M: It's a 350.
L: (nodding) What happened to it?
M: Well, lemme tell ya. The owner was having it towed and apparently the tow-truck dropped it.
L: Ouch!
M: Yeah, the owner is having a disagreement over insurance right now.

(...and the conversation rambled on for a while. I wasn't going to open the door to the car because I was afraid that the theme music to Miami Vice would start blaring out at me.)

Moral of the story: Karma for Cars is a real thing. If you put a horrible body kit and hack-job 350 conversion on a car... the universe will help you ruin it "the rest of the way".

Wow. ohmy.gif
JPB
I loved the way you spoke out in such a colorful way. Now its time to make lemonade from this lemon. Think of it as one of the least rustable 914 on the planet and then go from there. My opinion, should have gone Sheradon.beer.gif
sww914
The fiberglass and bondo will burn nicely when it catches fire after it overheats from the water pouring out of the holes ground through the hoses.
Let's get some pictures of that!
BMXerror
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Apr 1 2007, 03:36 PM) *

L: Actually, I think it's a God-awful piece of crap.
M: (proudly) It's a "Porsch".

djm914-6
Well, when I was in High School, I used to want a 914... with that body kit on it and a Renegade V8 conversion... (insert Miami Vice or most any Phil Colliins music) that was about 1988 and I was wearing white pants, while loafers, pale blue tee shirt and a peach jacket.

Oh I feel so much better I came clean with my hidious past.
drewvw

Great story had me laughing at the "well, it used to be".

Odds are good the guy who owns it wears 3 day old stubble and a white jacket everyday....
biosurfer1
you mean thats not a right a Ferrari?? dry.gif
JPB
C a n" t S e e m t o h o l d o n; I love that rear end. Whhhhoooo, I said it. That ass end rocks man; its bad ass!!! Okay I like the Testasteronic rear ends, I admit I am a proud owner of this crazy idiosyncracy and would get one if I could. The rear end that is; cool couch or something beer.gif
Project 6
IPB Image

So is "dickhead". blink.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(JPB @ Apr 1 2007, 07:18 PM) *

C a n" t S e e m t o h o l d o n; I love that rear end. Whhhhoooo, I said it. That ass end rocks man; its bad ass!!! Okay I like the Testasteronic rear ends, I admit I am a proud owner of this crazy idiosyncracy and would get one if I could. The rear end that is; cool couch or something beer.gif

There used to be a song about this... bootyshake.gif
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Bass Fisher @ Apr 1 2007, 05:39 PM) *

IPB Image

strong fourth post Bass Fisher

the true meaning of lurker, member 51, 4 post aktion035.gif thumb3d.gif
911quest
All I can say is ass clown
skline
Well, I dont care what anybody says about it, I kind of like it. Maybe it was dented all over and the body was destroyed so bad that they put that kit on it and then the type 4 was too bad to rebuild so they put a V8 in it. I would have done the same thing. But of course you all already knew that. smile.gif

BMXerror
QUOTE(Bass Fisher @ Apr 1 2007, 05:39 PM) *

IPB Image

So is BITEME!
Mark D.
michaelt55
Sorry...I like it...to each his own....

Michael
ClayPerrine
So Rusty...

Are you going to buy this one????

poke.gif

Rusty
My sawzall doesn't do so well on plastic.
johnlush
Maybe it would look better purple. Oops, another two syllable word.....
type47
funny, it's brother is on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...095195797QQrdZ1

Gary
Isn't that one of those Fiberjet "Ferarri look alike" kits? It is you-gly.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gary @ Apr 2 2007, 05:32 AM) *

Isn't that one of those Fiberjet "Ferarri look alike" kits? It is you-gly.

it's a testarossa kit. i forget who sold/sells it, but i do remember that i had their catalog once ...

icon8.gif Andy
gopack
Sorry to resurrect an OLD thread, but I saw a car with this same body kit today in Folsom, CA. same except the huge ass wing was missing. Same color and everything!! Couldn't take my eyes off of it, like watching a train wreck!
914-d

Maybe it would look better purple. Oops, another two syllable word...

I looked at a purple 914 for sale the other day. Fairly rust free, just couldn't bring my self to buy it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.