Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electric Fan control
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
So I got nothing from the search.

Looking to add an electric fan for my external oil cooler. I purposely installed the cooler without a fan first to see what type of temp impact it had. The cooler is in the fender well.

I expected to have trouble in stop in go traffic. Not the case at all - cooler works great in that scenario. Where it struggles is during prolonged highway driving (~3400-3600 rpm) on a hot day.

Anyway, I want to put a fan on it now but I don't want to fan to run all the time. I have seen several fan thermostats on BAT and SPAL (some variable some not). My question is where is the most logical (and simpliest) location for the thermo coupler?

thanks
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jr91472 @ Apr 1 2007, 10:36 PM) *

So I got nothing from the search.

Looking to add an electric fan for my external oil cooler. I purposely installed the cooler without a fan first to see what type of temp impact it had. The cooler is in the fender well.

I expected to have trouble in stop in go traffic. Not the case at all - cooler works great in that scenario. Where it struggles is during prolonged highway driving (~3400-3600 rpm) on a hot day.

Anyway, I want to put a fan on it now but I don't want to fan to run all the time. I have seen several fan thermostats on BAT and SPAL (some variable some not). My question is where is the most logical (and simpliest) location for the thermo coupler?

thanks

In the hot line to the cooler, as close to the sandwich adapter as possible.
jr91472
I was afraid someone was going to say that. Because when I put the sandwich plate on, I didn't pay any attention to which hole was going and which was coming.

I used a Mocal plate, does anyone know off hand which line is the hot line?

thanks
MecGen
Hi

I would suspect that the wheel is turning so fast its screwing up the cooler air flow driving.gif, I don't know, if thats the case, how effective a fan will be...

Maybe try turning the cooler a bit, or messing with the idea of a duct of some sort, confused24.gif

I'm with Clay on the switch location.

Later
beerchug.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.