Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mike cooley strikes again!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
As typical Mike Cooley strikes again. He just sold us a 1972 Porsche 914 way, way, way, way, better then he described it for a bargain basement price of the century, PLUS included a new rubber kit with a brand new factory windshield top seal!!!!!

Where does this guy get off offering this kind of deal to ANYONE let alone Automobile Atlanta???? Of course this is par for the course for this guy...... Always the best deals. Thank you Mike. We will have this car on display in a couple of weeks and post some pictures!
brer
careful, deals like that have been known to spark off a public inquiry.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(brer @ Apr 2 2007, 01:47 PM) *

careful, deals like that have been known to spark off a public inquiry.

Thank you for the warning. I have already found that one of the worst things about this deal is that this car is nice enough for me to consider driving PERSONALLY!!!!!!!! I am looking for a set of nice pedrinnis in the back right now to put on this original paint appearance group car!!!!!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Here are some pictures of the car BEFORE we clean it up!!!! Stay tuned!!
Hammy
He sold his car?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Hammy @ Apr 2 2007, 02:29 PM) *

He sold his car?

Yup believe it or not!!!!! He new I needed some charity and did what it took to help this aa guy!
1970 Neun vierzehn
It's "SMOKY" isn't it?
cooltimes
WTF.gif beerchug.gif That's him alright. TN had 2 jewels called Smoky.

Dr. 914, no wonder these people get riled at you sometimes. You are the only one I have seen that is really trusting of an old 914 man like me and saw thru the smoke I spew when I describe things.

I am glad you are the one that wanted it and paid me exactly what I asked. Thanks.

Brer,
Heck, don't think anyone on here didn't have the same opportunity. I had Smoky in the classified twice on 914world with the same free seal deal and only had people who wanted something for nothing reply hoping to hit me with low ball figure. I am an old man but stupid belongs on their side of the fence. I deleted the ads to keep my Irish temper cool as I was wanting to tell the low ballers how the cow eats the cabbage.

Remember, if I ever tell any of you something again, it won't ever be a lie.
In my private world of being honest, think long is think wrong.

Good luck.

Cooley
brer
did ya get the joke? blink.gif

cooltimes
QUOTE(brer @ Apr 2 2007, 05:37 PM) *

did ya get the joke? blink.gif

I did. It just sort of burnt me ( not your joke), that I try to give some people that have a common interest with a deal of the lifetime and the people are so intent on following the path that some brain farts leads them, that everybody loses.

Ideally, the perfect person got Smoky. George cares about them and by rights, the 914 has been good to him and his business so I am tickled he sent a good friend of his who came and got it.

All the pissing when George made his 914world entry says screw those following that bashing trend. George is the 914 man and if he ever made it clear just how nice a person he really is, it was when he overlooked their narrow minded ways.

By selling Smoky, I didn't really give up on the 914 though. I gave up on the clowns who were trying to run the 914 circus during their shadow of feigning Christmas goodwill.

Yes, Cooley sold Smoky. It did have a few problems, but don't they all. If I was a jerk, I would be laughing at some right about now but I am not and hope there is a bright side in their shadow world of being mostly fake.

As always, these are my own opinions. Yours will be different. That is what makes our part of the world good. We can express it so watch who runs our nation if you want to keep that priviledge. Individual thinkers is not a popular political word. Be one. If this thread locks, you know what I say is true.

Mike Cooley

SirAndy
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Apr 2 2007, 04:38 PM) *

damm, where did all that anger come from? blink.gif

yes, the Dr. had to face a tough crowd. but i don't think even he was surprised by that.
and as far as i'm concerned, he has made himself right at home amongst us.

and for the record, i only know of one guy here who joined the circus (hey sean! bye1.gif ) ...

beerchug.gif Andy
Rusty
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 2 2007, 09:10 PM) *

I dunno. I can't remember anyone here ever argued with Cooley about anything. sad.gif

It's sad, though. I remember, just a few weeks ago, returning a box of 914 seals that Cooley sent me. I bought them at an agreed price from the classifieds.

Once he learned what they were worth on eBay - he asked for them back, so he could use (sell?) them to fix his 914. Of course, I sent them as soon as I could get to the post office. (It did take me a few days.)

The hostilty is disappointing. confused24.gif
cooltimes
Yer right. Looking now at some of what I typed looks full of anger. Sorry, but I wasn't raining on YOUR parade Andy.
You are very outstanding in what you post. I learn something almost every time I read one of your posts.
Blame it on me knowing that I had seen my last 914 but proud that George would be the best owner of Smoky than anyone else on earth.
Just waiting to see it eventually parked next to that 916 he has. Super feeling.

Mike Cooley

QUOTE(cooltimes @ Apr 2 2007, 04:38 PM) *

yes, the Dr. had to face a tough crowd. but i don't think even he was surprised by that.
and as far as i'm concerned, he has made himself right at home amongst us.

and for the record, i only know of one guy here who joined the circus (hey sean! bye1.gif ) ...

beerchug.gif Andy

cooltimes
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Apr 2 2007, 09:33 PM) *

I dunno. I can't remember anyone here ever argued with Cooley about anything. sad.gif

It's sad, though. I remember, just a few weeks ago, returning a box of 914 seals that Cooley sent me. I bought them at an agreed price from the classifieds.

Once he learned what they were worth on eBay - he asked for them back, so he could use (sell?) them to fix his 914. Of course, I sent them as soon as I could get to the post office. (It did take me a few days.)

The hostilty is disappointing. confused24.gif

That is a dagger in my long time friendship with you. I held you in high esteem until minutes ago. Just curious why you did this but you trying to be important has shown many more than me what your friendship will mean to them. Just a word without meaning.

You didn't mention I gave them to you free of cost and I even paid the shipping. You didn't ever give me a frigging penny because I said you could have them being you were a soldier and everyone knows they don't have much money. A thank you would have been great but it never happened. Just thanks but it never came. Was that asking too much?

I then asked if I could have them back so I could maybe sell them and use the money so I might get to get my 914 running after I read what they were worth. If you want to be some type of 914 lackey for the 914 clique you are part of, that is fine but you ain't pissing on me like this post and me not telling everyone the truth.

Just for the record. Just as I gave them to you, you gave them to me. I accepted you gift and said THANKS. Guess what. George said THANKS too even though he bought my 914 and the seals were given to him without cost. As a gift and he was gentleman enough to say Thank You Mike..

You know my address if want 30 pieces of silver.
I am not a user of foul language I wouldn't want my wife and family to see me use, so just imagine what I am saying as I end this reply.

Cooley
Aaron Cox
huh?

im confused. not my business though.

carry on. wacko.gif
Rusty
Mike,

You're right in some of the things you've typed.

I didn't mention that you gave them to me... nor did I mention that I asked to pay for them. I asked to pay for them over and over. I never asked for a freebie and was willing to pay the price you asked for in the ad, so I didn't bring it up.

I return shipped the box on my own dime... so I didn't mention shipping either. I figured we were even.

I thanked you more than once.

You learned what the seals were getting on eBay, talked to Red and asked for them back to fix your 914.

- Sorry you're angry... but I didn't do anything to you. confused24.gif

- Sorry you're leaving the 914 scene... you've been a pillar of the community.

- Sorry you feel like our friendship is over.

-Rusty wavey.gif
cooltimes
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Apr 2 2007, 10:43 PM) *

huh?

im confused. not my business though.

carry on. wacko.gif

I sold my 914 to George. He got a great deal. Sour apples about cliques.
Wise guy makes a bull cock statement. Doo doo friendships do happen sometimes.
Read all the content if you care and you won't be confused.
Really nothing but watch who you call friends is the real lesson of the day.
That makes 3 Adminstratators into the thread. Could be more but I don't mind since I can take the heat as well as dish it out.
En garde. clash clash tink tink thu toh teka.. Not fair, he used a hidden weapon.
Merci. Knock em out John as we say in the South.
Not as much to bull as I thought. Guess anyone can do it.

Cooley

Dang. Readers are up to 322. Gotta get better. Let's have your best punch while we have a crowd to see 914 friendship layed out in the open.
IronHillRestorations
Good for you George and Mike too! thumb3d.gif Sorry I never made it over to help you with it Mike. It's been one of those years. I've lost two close people in three months, my right hand man of seven years and then my sister. sad.gif Sorry didn't mean to go Dougie downer on a boldblue.gif thread. I guess the main thing is it's at a good place now.
SGB
I think there has to be some kind of miscommunication...

its unfortunate, but life goes on.

Thats a purty car Mike. I remember when it was in the classifieds. It was a deal. Wish I had room...
cooltimes
I don't and won't need a friend like you anymore.
Why you did comment as you did made absolutely no sense. I don't want to blemish your honesty with others but this tread should make others beware of what they entrust to you in private messages.

I also noticed how you commented about another 914 earlier today.
I'll leave this thread with a lesson. You are in the Real South. Don't belittle what others have. It may not be the cream for your coffee but I can imagine that person doesn't make many dollars and sometimes we in the South do what we can to accomplish our goals and dreams on very little pay. Our ideals are not always in a path to please onlookers who are just passing thru temporarily or long term. If you don't like what we do when our properties, There is a saying. "Yankee, Go Home".
You owe that person an apology even if he never sees it. The others, who jumped in to insult, are those flukes I said drive in a line while self appointed leaders lead. Thanks for the illustration of what I said but not for your insult to a Southerner.

Please. Do not ever correct me or mention my name or my privacy in public again.
BTW. Your wavey was expected. There is a lot of yank in you because you are predictable. I will use your posts for what it's best for.

Cooley

QUOTE(Lawrence @ Apr 2 2007, 10:47 PM) *

Mike,

You're right in some of the things you've typed.

I didn't mention that you gave them to me... nor did I mention that I asked to pay for them. I asked to pay for them over and over. I never asked for a freebie and was willing to pay the price you asked for in the ad, so I didn't bring it up.

I return shipped the box on my own dime... so I didn't mention shipping either. I figured we were even.

I thanked you more than once.

You learned what the seals were getting on eBay, talked to Red and asked for them back to fix your 914.

- Sorry you're angry... but I didn't do anything to you. confused24.gif

- Sorry you're leaving the 914 scene... you've been a pillar of the community.

- Sorry you feel like our friendship is over.
-Rusty wavey.gif

Elliot Cannon
Startin to sound like a bunch of gossiping old ladies. biggrin.gif
grantsfo
This is a weird thread. screwy.gif ...can't we all just get along like one big crack addictted family?
Rusty
In other words, I told the truth. Your attack on me or any of the other "clowns"* that might help keep this three ring circus running... was unfounded.

Increase your dosages, Mike. Seriously.

-Rusty

* Full and unequivocal apology to any real clowns in the audience. I, and the rest of the 914world admin team, have a full respect for the rich and vibrant history and honor in which the clown profession is steeped.
Rusty
Really, we like clowns here.

IPB Image
Rusty
smile.gif

IPB Image
Rusty
This one isn't bad...

IPB Image
Rusty
An angry, punk clown...

IPB Image
Rusty
A vintage clown...

IPB Image
Hammy
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Apr 2 2007, 09:53 PM) *

...can't we all just get along like one big crack addictted family?

Amen
................ huh.gif
Rusty
I better quit clowning around...

IPB Image
Rusty
Someone might say this is me...

IPB Image
Rusty
But I'm really more like this in person...

IPB Image
SGB
Now I can't sleep. Jeez.

I think we DO get along like a big crack-addicted family.

I'm glad I'm to screwy to care about the soap opra part.

Miles had some REALLY creepy clown pictures I recall.
grantsfo
I'm there. Lets go to clown vids now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KLE8ddzV_o
So.Cal.914
Sometimes there's just to many clown's.

Click to view attachment
cooltimes
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Apr 2 2007, 11:59 PM) *

smile.gif

IPB Image

EDITED after all below:
This is written without provacation to do so. In plain english, nobody said to.
I apologize if anyone except the person my post was directed at is miffed. Clown is a noun but I used it content as an adjective. A spoof depicting the people that always follow another who isn't always the person you think they are. I ain't pretending to be your big brother looking out for you so follow whoever you want to. I don't give a rat's behind what others do as long as it ain't knocking on me.
End of edit. back to the regular bs all of you are losing sleep over.

I thought the 1st clown was best. Very colorful too. Actually I respect the clown. Red Skelton and Lucille Ball were my favorite.

Mass answers to more than one person in these place is bull. Golly they want to be accepted pretty bad if they follow self annointed leaders for status which they always do. Keep me educated. BTW, Who do you trust? Sounds like one of them political letters in the letters to the editor.

I get my highs without drugs. I live on the highs of the challenge of little groupies trying to be bright. You'll never attain that height groupie. I never really thought about what others on here do when they do the big hoorah for drugs yet are in vital parts of the community at large. Maybe all of you need to mention your addiction to someone you can trust to do PM's with so someone can help get you in a better light when they disclose that trust to the general users of this garage. Boss Hog reads email too.

Last I looked it was 383 views. Scratch that. 513 now.

I have some friends that are Yankees. Well I do. They are writing me and laughing at this. It is funny except for the betrayal of the PM's. They says that is truly sad but shows signs of leadership.

Joke:
We all know that a yank is someone that ain't married because they fell in love with their own hand.

Cooley
cooltimes
Ending this thread I hope. Thanks again for buying the 914 George.
I do hope you enjoy owning it. The seals were the cement that allowed me to sell my 914 to you.

It was running due to the content that I found on this 914world site as well as from Automobile Atlanta.

With apology to the general users of this bbs and the adminstrators too that such an apology needs to be said. I have tossed a friend because they chose to be the person I wouldn't now share the time of day with in private. The private part of a person's email:

I got a threat pertaining to a private message I had received and replied to yesterday evening this morning. The threat was to paste the total private content in this public forum.

I am not surprised but to reply to that message in private would have been giving permission to use it public which I ain't so don't cross that line.

If what you write to someone in private is private, it will normally contain 2 people discussing what ever they say. If it is not there will be a CC address in the header of that message showing there are other's to share in the content knowledge.

Public forum is when you post to a bbs like this. It can be more than 2 people commenting or giving their opinion of the subject at the top of that thread.

You can make mistakes sometimes. I do quite often but trust can only be a one time mistake with an individual who doesn't respect anyone's privacy.

Cooley

N14
ar15.gif flag.gif sawzall-smiley.gif

welcome.png
rhodyguy
zoiks! another thread gone south. one ?...how does a "cow eat the cabbage"? never heard that one, but i like it.

k
cooltimes
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 3 2007, 02:24 PM) *

zoiks! another thread gone south. one ?...how does a "cow eat the cabbage"? never heard that one, but i like it.

k

Here is the answer to the question above. You are now approaching the status of an honorary Southern gentleman if you like that.

http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/texas/...te_the_cabbage/

Meanwhile back at 914World University, stick with me and I'll confuse you as much as I confuse myself sometimes. I have already forgotten anything not friendly related to this " Mike Cooley strikes again" thread.
I just opened a Guinness and said "stuff happens". Get over the hump and enjoy the twisties as the weekend starts some fun 914 engines on their way to why people gather in them in just hours.

Cooley
dr914@autoatlanta.com
this 914 is SOLD! To a happy new 914 owner!
grantsfo
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 17 2007, 06:10 PM) *

SirAndy
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Apr 17 2007, 05:53 PM) *

no need to download and reupload that pic as we don't prevent you from linking to other sites ...
unlike the "club" in question ... bye1.gif

this IPB Image would have worked just fine here ...
cool_shades.gif Andy

PS: welcome.png
grantsfo
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 17 2007, 07:37 PM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Apr 17 2007, 05:53 PM) *

no need to download and reupload that pic as we don't prevent you from linking to other sites ...
unlike the "club" in question ... bye1.gif

this IPB Image would have worked just fine here ...
cool_shades.gif Andy

PS: welcome.png

Gigidty damn you're right!

IPB Image

Cool! biggrin.gif When will you trust us with long term edit and delete functions again?
Twystd1
You two.... Go to the back yard and work it out among yourselves...!!!!!

drunk.gif

Clayton
Gint
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Apr 17 2007, 10:24 PM) *
Cool! biggrin.gif When will you trust us with long term edit and delete functions again?
When stuff like this stops. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.