Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA Club Race
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rwjames
Great Weather over the weekend at Road Atlanta! Lots of Porsche race cars including several 914's. Got to chat with Shady Grady and Lewis as well.

Here are a few 914 pictures.
Al Meredith
Did Lewis and Shady Grady have their cars at the trac this weekend??
How about that 3.6L
rwjames
More 914's
rwjames
An unfortunate crash after this 914-6 spun and was hit by a 911 going around 85mph.
rwjames
A few other assorted photo's.
rwjames
More 911's.
rwjames
A few more shots.
rwjames
Yes, Lewis had his wonderful 914-6 at Road Atlanta and Shady Grady drove his silver 911. Upgraded brakes, transmission and yes a 3.6 engine. He is still planning on installing some steel flares.

Thanks again for letting me take it for a spin. That is one awesome ride. And it sound great too. Lewis has done a great job on this car and it has all the advantages of 914 handling with the horsepower and rapid response of a newer 911.

Wow!
McMark
Watch those jackstands!!! w00t.gif

IPB Image
SGB
Terrific pictures.
Thanks. I'll bet it was fun. Road Atlanta is a really cool layout.
Tobra
That white one hurts, how bad was the 911 that hit it, if you gotta be hit, that ain't a bad place to do it, beats drivers door by a mile.

Always liked green 914's, almost bought one when I got the orange car.
LarryR
QUOTE(rwjames @ Apr 2 2007, 07:55 PM) *

An unfortunate crash after this 914-6 spun and was hit by a 911 going around 85mph.

Oh man that sucks... hate to see a nice car like that all twisted up.
rwjames
QUOTE(Tobra @ Apr 3 2007, 12:16 AM) *

That white one hurts, how bad was the 911 that hit it, if you gotta be hit, that ain't a bad place to do it, beats drivers door by a mile.

Always liked green 914's, almost bought one when I got the orange car.

The contact on the 911 was right in the front center of the car. It didn't look as bad as the 914, but he was done for the weekend. Both drivers will be pretty sore for a while, but fortunately nothing serious.

The owner of the 914 said they will rebuild it and he'll be back, but he is a firm believer in safety equipment now. His team also had an exact duplicate 914 in red instead of white. Both 914's were very well prepared by a shop in Florida.

I have owned two 914's that were Zambezi green, but both were repainted before I purchased them. I did have a beautiful Ravenna Green car and sorry I sold it.

The Green 3.6 car is such a fast, yet easy car to drive. I would love to own it. Maybe Lewis will build me one.
911quest
Hey I know that silver car I know it a little to well
BMXerror
What are those flares on the blue car at the top? Are those custom made? Looks good.
Mark D.
rwjames
QUOTE(911quest @ Apr 3 2007, 07:32 PM) *

Hey I know that silver car I know it a little to well

You make it sound so dirty. You have carnel knowledge of that car don't you?

How about I send you another 914 tub and you build me a duplicate car? I'll take a fuel cell in mine and make it Ravenna Green.
rwjames
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Apr 3 2007, 10:23 PM) *

What are those flares on the blue car at the top? Are those custom made? Looks good.
Mark D.

I'm not familiar with the maker of those flairs, but they do look really good. I like his rear tow loop tongue idea too.

The car sounded good and ran well after he got a couple issues taken care of.
911quest
Rich bring up I'll build you a big brother to the silver car I think a six is in order
rwjames
A six would be too expensive for my budget. Don't forget, my racing team is "Skin Flint Racing".

I have a '74 2.0 project totally disassembled and ready for your magic. It has the fuel injection and unfortunately just a small 36mm Dellorto setup. It also came with a dealer installed AC system. Can you pump up the HP in my 2.0 so I can run with the AC on?

pray.gif
brant
Actually those cars were built in colorado
the red one is owned by Bobby (dahlstrom) from boulder
the white one is now in florida and owned by Tony (clinton).

it however was built in Colorado
they are both AJRS cars and are very fast.

the Red car on jackstands was originally built in CA, but has since been thouroughly massaged by AJRS in CO also....

brant

[/quote]
The owner of the 914 said they will rebuild it and he'll be back, but he is a firm believer in safety equipment now. His team also had an exact duplicate 914 in red instead of white. Both 914's were very well prepared by a shop in Florida.
[/quote]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.