Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: funny
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
My PERSONAL extension rings: I answer, "914 world headquarters!" The voice on the other end of the line asks "do you know anything about 914s?" I answer: "What is a 914?" He says: "you know a Porsch'!" I say what's a Porsch'? He says I wish you wouldn't be so arrogant! I say "I was just TEASING YOU! We have fun here everyday!!!!! Let's now start all over again!!!!

Bottom line: I HATE people without a sense of humor!!!!!! (Is it the way I speak??)

"Why can't we just all have fun here?"
Tobra
People are idjuts, deal with enough and it becomes overwhelming, then you run across a few good ones and it restores your faith. Incredible how many people don't have a good time at work. I could not go if I did not like it
Part Pricer
When I contact a business, I expect to be met with a level of professionalism. If you can't present your business as someone that is worthy of performing a service for me in exchange for my money and do it in a professional manner, I'm off to the next business that will.

If you want to joke and have fun, do it with your friends or with associates/customers that you have built a rapport with. Treat me like that right out of the gate when I'm contacting a business for the first time and you've just turned away a chance at getting any of my money.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Part Pricer @ Apr 3 2007, 12:14 PM) *

When I contact a business, I expect to be met with a level of professionalism. If you can't present your business as someone that is worthy of performing a service for me in exchange for my money and do it in a professional manner, I'm off to the next business that will.

If you want to joke and have fun, do it with your friends or with associates/customers that you have built a rapport with. Treat me like that right out of the gate when I'm contacting a business for the first time and you've just turned away a chance at getting any of my money.

I agree w/ you but George answered the phone "914 World Headquarters". Seriously, don't you think the guy should have been listening? Also there's Georges' point of view... he answers "914 world headquarters" & the guy asks if he "knows anything about 914s"? George is either going to think the guy is an idiot or he's joking... I know I would. My $.02.

cool_shades.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Part Pricer @ Apr 3 2007, 09:14 AM) *

I sincerely appreciate your input, and wholeheartedly agree with you. And that is one of the primary reasons our business has not made the money it should......we constantly function on the hobby level instead of the professional business level we should.
A greatest problem is caused when the president of the company is the biggest Porsche enthusiast and hobbiest! That sets the stage for a less than professional organization.
We are however when it comes right down to it, in the entertainment business though (certainly not like selling Ford taurus parts!!) AND we have great fun here every every day. Our customers are ALWAYS first because we love them for taking on the restoration and preservation of these fabulous 914s! Congrats to everyone, and if we can be of service do not hesitate to call! (and I really DO know something about a 914!)
grantsfo
I'm feeling dense. What's the point of this post? confused24.gif
So.Cal.914
I have lived long enough to know that life is here to fuch you over if you give it a

chance. You can't take it to seriously or it will eat you alive. You may be successful,

you may make alot of money, but life will pass you by and leave you used up.

If you don't have some fun while your here you will miss your chance all

together. Now I am not saying run around and act like a fool all the time but

I am saying please don't let it rush by with out tasteing the free things too.

My .02
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Apr 3 2007, 10:03 AM) *

I'm feeling dense. What's the point of this post? confused24.gif

The point is why some people get a bad rap when they do not deserve it. AND some amusement for the crowd here. (for those who have a sense of humor!!)
brer
jokes like that have been known to spark off a public inquiry

bada bump bump.
RoadGlue
Looks like you have a tough audience here George! I thought it was pretty funny myself. smile.gif
bd1308
Me too....

smile.gif

sww914
I'm amused.
dflesburg
If they can't take a joke, let your competition have them as a customer, chances are, you will be happier.

Money isn't everything, if it were we would all have taildraggers and pay other guys to fix them while we stood around acting snotty and sipping wine and our wives were banging every guy in sight...
brer
call me on my personal line and you had better be prepared to listen to my jokes.

slap.gif
914nerd
wait, what's a 914?
biggrin.gif
mudfoot76
QUOTE(brer @ Apr 3 2007, 03:08 PM) *

call me on my personal line and you had better be prepared to listen to my jokes.

agree.gif

If you have reached my personal phone ##, you either arrived there b/c you know me (and I _gave_ you the ##) or are a total stranger who dialed me by accident, in which case, lighten up laugh.gif
Allan
Hey, I talked to you yesterday and you didn't offer my any funny stuff... huh.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(mudfoot76 @ Apr 3 2007, 12:18 PM) *

QUOTE(brer @ Apr 3 2007, 03:08 PM) *

agree.gif

If you have reached my personal phone ##, you either arrived there b/c you know me (and I _gave_ you the ##) or are a total stranger who dialed me by accident, in which case, lighten up laugh.gif

fabulous message!!!!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(914nerd @ Apr 3 2007, 12:16 PM) *

wait, what's a 914?
biggrin.gif

THAT'S NOT FUNNY BUSTER
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 3 2007, 12:21 PM) *

Hey, I talked to you yesterday and you didn't offer my any funny stuff... huh.gif

I must have been in one of my more serious moments, still recovering from that d..n flu!!!!!! Please call back and abuse me next time!!!!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Apr 3 2007, 11:47 AM) *

If they can't take a joke, let your competition have them as a customer, chances are, you will be happier.

Money isn't everything, if it were we would all have taildraggers and pay other guys to fix them while we stood around acting snotty and sipping wine and our wives were banging every guy in sight...

If I ever lack humor whenever you call........please slap me!!!!
porschecb
"If I dident have to deal with customers I would get more work done." laugh.gif
bd1308
So we can call you on your personal line?

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Apr 3 2007, 12:55 PM) *

So we can call you on your personal line?

anytime! 770 427 2844 ext 16!!!!!! If I cannot take a joke please slap me.
Sam Charters
popcorn[1].gif

Back to work George whip[1].gif

No Fun for anyone!!!

Humor at WORK Bah Hum-Bug

Off with the head of anyone that smiles at Work behead.gif

And if anyone tells a JOKE hanged.gif
IronHillRestorations
Yea, if that guy drove a Chevy and you pronounced Chevrolet with a T at the end, he'd think you were an idjit.

I don't know why but for some reason, some people think you are a snob if you pronounce Porsche correctly, don't know why!

When you loose your sense of humor it's a long hard ride!
PinetreePorsche
What's a 91 for?
roadster fan
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Apr 3 2007, 11:47 AM) *

av-943.gif
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(914nerd @ Apr 3 2007, 10:16 AM) *

wait, what's a 914?
biggrin.gif

..See RUST laugh.gif

and

IF you call someone AND they answer the phone with, "914 World Headquarters" AND you THEN ask, "do you know anything about 914s?"

Yeah, you really shouldn't be driving a 914! poke.gif av-943.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Apr 4 2007, 02:56 PM) *

QUOTE(914nerd @ Apr 3 2007, 10:16 AM) *

wait, what's a 914?
biggrin.gif

..See RUST laugh.gif

and

IF you call someone AND they answer the phone with, "914 World Headquarters" AND you THEN ask, "do you know anything about 914s?"

Yeah, you really shouldn't be driving a 914! poke.gif av-943.gif

and the guy SHOULD have been kidding when he said " do you know anything about 914s" when I answered my personal extension humerously boastfully "914 world headquarters" but he WASN'T kidding!!!!! That is the tragedy of the whole incident. Just never know, some people are weirder than others, one wonders who their parents were.
Twystd1
It was probably a nine elebun guy that forgot what kind of car he had...
Ya know.... is it a 993 or 996 or 944 or 911 or 914...

Just for shits and grins........

Next time answer the phone with 911 world headquarters and see what happens...

Please report back to us to what ensued.

It just might be funnier than shit......

Thanks for the post G... I am still laughing......

I needed that....................................

Clayton
bigkensteele
In a previous job, I volunteered to help coordinate a meeting of our board of directors (it got me out of real work for 2 days). We had to pick these guys up at the airport, jockey them around, book them into the hotel, etc.

At one point, I was working the sign-in table at the hotel, and in walks Frank Carlucci, board member and former Secretary of Defense under Reagan and Bush I. We took his requests, gave him his key, and he went up to his room. About 5 minutes later, he came back down and said "I think that you gave me the wrong room. When I tried to unlock the door, a half-naked man answered wearing nothing but a towel". So I looked down at the sheet and replied "I see here that you have a wakeup call for 5:00am, but I don't see anything about a half-naked man, so it must be a mistake". I thought that this was pretty damned funny, but he looked at me like I had just insulted the wrong 5'3" Italian. One of my coworker friends quickly put him in another room and sent him on his way. After he left, my buddy said "Do you have any idea what you just did?", and I said "Yeah, I just made a joke to another person who apparently had no sense of humor".

It never came back to haunt me, but taught me that there are a lot of people in this world who take things way too seriously. I now try to limit my exposure to that type of people, cause I ain't gonna change.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Apr 4 2007, 10:36 PM) *

It never came back to haunt me, but taught me that there are a lot of people in this world who take things way too seriously. I now try to limit my exposure to that type of people, cause I ain't gonna change.

Great story, I thought it was funny.
Hammy

In a previous job, I volunteered to help coordinate a meeting of our board of directors (it got me out of real work for 2 days). We had to pick these guys up at the airport, jockey them around, book them into the hotel, etc.

At one point, I was working the sign-in table at the hotel, and in walks Frank Carlucci, board member and former Secretary of Defense under Reagan and Bush I. We took his requests, gave him his key, and he went up to his room. About 5 minutes later, he came back down and said "I think that you gave me the wrong room. When I tried to unlock the door, a half-naked man answered wearing nothing but a towel". So I looked down at the sheet and replied "I see here that you have a wakeup call for 5:00am, but I don't see anything about a half-naked man, so it must be a mistake". I thought that this was pretty damned funny, but he looked at me like I had just insulted the wrong 5'3" Italian. One of my coworker friends quickly put him in another room and sent him on his way. After he left, my buddy said "Do you have any idea what you just did?", and I said "Yeah, I just made a joke to another person who apparently had no sense of humor".

Hilarious..... laugh.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Hammy @ Apr 5 2007, 01:12 AM) *

Hilarious..... laugh.gif

Incredible. Public figures of all people should be able to roll with the punches and have the BEST sense of humor! Very good story.
KELTY360
In the early 80's I worked for a small company that hired a consultant to help us write a policies and procedures manual. We went through all these meetings and chalk board sessions to dissect the company and how it should work. In the policies section, the owner insisted we list: 'Don't do business with people you don't like.' I thought it was pretty silly and probably not very profitable. Turns out, it helped create a mindset that had a positive effect on sales, to say nothing of attitude in the office. 25 years later it's the only thing I remember about those meetings and I've carried it with me ever since. It actually works.

Keep treating your customers like humans George, the good ones will keep coming back and the PITAs will drag their cloud over someone else's business.
Borderline
WOW! This site is just over 3 months old and already we have a full time person answering the phone and we have a "headquarters". Kewel!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 5 2007, 09:06 AM) *

In the early 80's I worked for a small company that hired a consultant to help us write a policies and procedures manual. We went through all these meetings and chalk board sessions to dissect the company and how it should work. In the policies section, the owner insisted we list: 'Don't do business with people you don't like.' I thought it was pretty silly and probably not very profitable. Turns out, it helped create a mindset that had a positive effect on sales, to say nothing of attitude in the office. 25 years later it's the only thing I remember about those meetings and I've carried it with me ever since. It actually works.

Keep treating your customers like humans George, the good ones will keep coming back and the PITAs will drag their cloud over someone else's business.

good insight. Thank you. Otto always told me that he would "divorce" a customer that he did not like, or had any trouble with (and for the same reasoning your consultant stated). Always thought that that was a funny expression, but hated to think about ever following his advice. My parents always told me that If I could not get along with someone I should personally make peace with them!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.