Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need stock sway bar hole drilling info./pattern
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
yeah i have the bar, i have the tank out and am doing steel lines now. i thought there where dimples to just pop the holes in... wrong. chair.gif anyone have acess to a downloadable template or good pictures? sawzall-smiley.gif
thanks
Andyrew
Dont you have the mounts that are on the bar?
If yes, just put those in the middle of the factory Indent. YES there is a spot for it to be drilled from the factory, but you'll need those hole markings from that mount.

ahh shoot...

Here
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...ont_swaybar.htm
orange914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 3 2007, 09:28 PM) *

If yes, just put those in the middle of the factory Indent. YES there is a spot for it to be drilled from the factory, but you'll need those hole markings from that mount.

ahh shoot...

Here

hey andrew, do you think you could come over wednesday or thrursday? your expertise would really be a huge help! poke.gif
Andyrew
pm sent.
rjames
Just did what you are about to do...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...127&hl=tank
orange914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 3 2007, 09:28 PM) *

ahh shoot...

Here

got it in today! clap56.gif thumb3d.gif
Click to view attachment
orange914
Click to view attachment
Andyrew
I told you its easy!!

Now what about the U tab?

skline
Are you going to weld those in? I would suggest it as there is a lot of stress there. If you do any hard driving, they could move and tear the metal around it. When I do mine I weld them in and on the one I am doing now, I am welding in the Engman stiffening kit he makes just for that area.
Andyrew
He doesnt do much hard driving, I built those plates out of thin 16 Gua metal.
He's running stock tires, stock suspension, ect.. I think he'll be fine..
But if he does start running sticky tires and autoxing I agree he should strengthen that area.
orange914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 22 2007, 03:37 AM) *

I told you its easy!!

Now what about the U tab?

u-tab? confused24.gif
skline
The U tabs are what the drop link connects to mounted on the control arm. See picture below.
orange914
QUOTE(skline @ Apr 22 2007, 12:52 PM) *

The U tabs are what the drop link connects to mounted on the control arm. See picture below.

plan on bolting those on today (has existing tabs on lower arms). gotta run the power up front to the relocated fuel pump also before setting the tank back in. this started as plastic tunnel fuel line conversion and we went ahead and moved pump and drilled for the sway bar while it is apart. i also changed trans fluid with redline GL5 synthetic, well see if there is any difference
skline
If they are already there, you are set. Mine has a Carerra front end with an underbody bar mount on the control arms I need to cut off and change to the old through the body type. Which is why I have the U tabs here waiting to go. It sounds like you are good to go. More pictures would be nice smile.gif
orange914
QUOTE(skline @ Apr 22 2007, 01:37 PM) *

If they are already there, you are set. Mine has a Carerra front end with an underbody bar mount on the control arms I need to cut off and change to the old through the body type. Which is why I have the U tabs here waiting to go. It sounds like you are good to go. More pictures would be nice smile.gif

i'll be making an article with more detail later as i have time. beerchug.gif
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Click to view attachment
orange914
Click to view attachment
oh yeah... steel fuel lines & front fuel pump relocation TOO! i'll post later if it'll help others thru it. not finished yet but it's coming along alfred.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.