Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring harness help - I'm about toast! Need help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
Hey all. I hate to admit defeat but I'm about there. I have been cleaning up all the crappy work done by PO's and the final step was to replace some burnt wires in my harness and replace my fuse panel with the one I got from Engman. I have everything replaced and am trying to get the harness CORRECTLY arranged under the dash and I can't get it to fit headbang.gif . Can anybody recommend a good wiring shop close to the Santa Clarita area (north of LA) that knows 914's? I could get it to Otto's in Venice but I really don't want to pay that towing bill. I also BBQ some mean Tri-Tip, Corona's are on ice and some spare pocket change if there is anybody who would like a challenge? blink.gif
Aaron Cox
i have a flat towing setup you can borrow.
Mike D.
Steve, I have the Engman fuse panel in my car. It's a tight fit with some of the wires. What seems to be the problem? Will it start? Are you getting power to anything?
ahdoman
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Apr 4 2007, 11:20 AM) *

Steve, I have the Engman fuse panel in my car. It's a tight fit with some of the wires. What seems to be the problem? Will it start? Are you getting power to anything?

Hey Mike - Everything works. The car starts and runs (made a lot of racket because the lifters had bled down). The problem is the orientation of the harness under the dash. One of the PO's ran the harness that runs to the steering column and everything to the right of that under the steering column bracket instead of over it. As a result when you go to put the fuse box in it pinches the harness between the fuse box panel and the streeting bracket. The other problem is the ratsnest of wires where the 3 harness parts meet above the fuse box. I did considerable work trying to untangle things and it got a little better but there is not enough clearance to fit the relays.
2-OH!
You sissy...

Ok, I'll buy the whole rig, bad wire, carbs and all for $100.00...You deliver...

Just use duct tape...

2-OH!
ahdoman
QUOTE(2-OH! @ Apr 4 2007, 12:29 PM) *

You sissy...

Ok, I'll buy the whole rig, bad wire, carbs and all for $100.00...You deliver...

Just use duct tape...

2-OH!

You know Rick. Any time I want I can set off that bomb I hid in that Targa seal I gave you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.