Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: chrome plating for small parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I just received my quote from Graves Plating in Alabama for the set of exterior 356 chrome parts and thought that the 5390.00 quote plus shipping a bit high.
Has anyone had experience with a reasonable chrome plater for small parts who would do a magnificient job for a more reasonable price?? For example: 325 to replate the front hood handle that is in usable shape with no pitting!!!!! 140.00 each to replate the exterior door latch! (we can buy the cheap repros for 25 each!)
Allan
There is a place in L.A. called the Bumper Shop that I took my bumpers to and had them plated for $175.00 each. I saw all kinds of parts being plated from roll cages to emblems.

The work was very good and the turn-around was very quick...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 4 2007, 01:50 PM) *

There is a place in L.A. called the Bumper Shop that I took my bumpers to and had them plated for $175.00 each. I saw all kinds of parts being plated from roll cages to emblems.

The work was very good and the turn-around was very quick...

Thank you. I read the post about the bumpers. I just thought usually those who do bumpers do not want to be concerned with small parts, so thank you for telling me that they are doing the small parts.
Rotary'14
When I was down at the bumper shop,, the owner told me they will re-chrome any small metal pieces. I suggested the windshield trim and side mirrors, and he said those pieces would not be a problem.
Unfortunately,,,, I didn't get a price for ya doc.

-rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.