Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rack Boots
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I was trying to save a buck chair.gif and bought a turbo tie rod set (Lemforder) off ebay. Unfortunately, it came with mismatched rack boots. One was shiny, the other matt black. I recall one was more desirable then the other but can't remember which one. Does PP sell the good boots indivdually? I'm guessing the seller's gonna tell me to pound sand so want to see if I can buy the boot separately...there goes the few pennies I tried to save headbang.gif

Kev
So.Cal.914
If both boots are in good shape and will protect the rod ends then I would

put them on, know one will see them except maybe a slow moving cat as you

pass over it.
kconway
Not worried about esthetics of the boot or even what that cat thinks happy11.gif . I am worried about replacing an inferior boot after several hundred miles, especially AFTER I get the alignment done...
IronHillRestorations
As long as you didn't change the length of the tie rod end you should be able to disconnect and reconnect to swap the boot.
BMartin914
QUOTE(9146986 @ Apr 5 2007, 05:26 PM) *

As long as you didn't change the length of the tie rod end you should be able to disconnect and reconnect to swap the boot.

agree.gif
kconway
Ehhh, ebay vendor is being cool about it and says he's gonna send me the "right" boots...So...which are the "right" boots or did I just imagine that there is a difference???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.