Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel sizes for flared cars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
911quest
What size wheels and tires are you guys using on your Gt flared cars I know there is different size flares but these look standard the car came with 10 in. gotti wheel but I need something for the street. I now have two replica 15x7 fuchs and a set of 15x6 real fuchs I was going to use the 7's in the rear but I dont think they are going to fill the fender out enough any idea's.
Joe Ricard
For my street set up I run Diamond Racing 15 x 8 with 5" or 4.5" back space. Depends which set I decide to use. 225/50-15 Kankook RS-2 tire. I got tons of room. and plenty of grip for the sreet.

Race tires are on 15 x 8.5 rims with 4.5 backspace Section width of the tire is 11" Ain't much room on either side.

911quest
Thanks Joe I have a donated set of 15x7 cookie cutters on there now but they are not going to cut it for the street Iam going to try a set of 16x7 and 16x8 fuchs tomorrow we will see
GeorgeRud
The 7" and 8" widths will fill the flares nicely. I think even 8" wide would fit up front, but the offset would make turning a real pain. I use 7x15 in front with 8x15 Fuchs on my car.
PRS914-6
I'm using Fuchs 16's.

9's in the rear and (951) 8's in the front. I chose the 951-8's so that big brakes could be installed in the future without a wheel change. You should consider that before choosing a wheel so you don't get dissapointed later.. Not every wheel combo will fit every brake setup.
RockinOldSchool
I'm running standard size flares with 15x8 (front) and 15x9 (rear) fuchs. '83 SC front end and eibach coilovers on bilstein adjustable perch shocks in the rear. Lot's of drop with no wheel/tire clearance issues.

Looking to swap to some 17" cups soon.
shoguneagle
Later this summer I will be putting 17inch Cup II rims all the way around the car (7inch in front; 9inch in rear) with Carrera brakes all the way around. Larger brakes can be added later, if desired. spacers will have to be determined, but they should be somewhere around one inch in the front (55mm offset on rims) and one and quarter inch in rear(52mm offset on rims). Final tire sizes have to be determined with consideration for offset, filling the wheel wells, and central tracking of the rims to the wheel bearings. Front suspension 911 Carrera; rear suspension Koni Gas Adjustable shocks, 180-200lb springs, adjustible perches. Tire sizes: front - 205 to 225; rear - 225 to 245.
jgara962
I had 15x7 Fuchs all around, but it looked funny in the back. I just put on 15x8's on the back and it looks really good. The PO actually had 15x8's on the front and 15x9's on the rear at one time.
Aaron Cox
8's in the front, 9's in back....

i have 7/8 on a basically stock body car.....
tomkirkcis
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Apr 5 2007, 02:28 AM) *

I'm using Fuchs 16's.

9's in the rear and (951) 8's in the front. I chose the 951-8's so that big brakes could be installed in the future without a wheel change. You should consider that before choosing a wheel so you don't get dissapointed later.. Not every wheel combo will fit every brake setup.

This is great advise. I just purchased the exact same set up with the same thought about larger brakes in the future. I was able to find very nice 7 & 9 with nearly new Dunlops for $1800. I will sell the 7's. I found the 951 8" for $750 with excellent tires. This should give you some idea of what to expect for pricing. tom
rick 918-S
15" X 8"s on all 4 corners. But I also have a 1" spacer. I just ordered 16" X 8" for the fronts and 16" X 9" for the rear.
jasons
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 7 2007, 07:15 PM) *

15" X 8"s on all 4 corners. But I also have a 1" spacer. I just ordered 16" X 8" for the fronts and 16" X 9" for the rear.

Rick, are you getting the Replicas from Performance Products? I am interested to hear about the quality and how accurate they are.
Garland
QUOTE(jasons @ Apr 7 2007, 08:23 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 7 2007, 07:15 PM) *

Rick, are you getting the Replicas from Performance Products? I am interested to hear about the quality and how accurate they are.

ME TO!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.