Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whose car? And what size/offset are the wheels?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RockinOldSchool
Was clicking through some pictures I downloaded a while back and found this one.

IPB Image

Haven't been able to find out whose car it is so I figured I'd just ask.
Reason for asking is that i'm looking to upgrade to a set of cups myself and was wondering if anyone knows the size/offset of these ones and the tire size.

Thanks
Aaron Cox
cup 2 wheels iirc
jasons
They are the cup II's and factory wheel offset would be like 52 or 55. So, you would need spacers. But, you can find those in replicas with the 23 offset. The downside of the replicas is, they are super heavy. Around 25-28 lbs, or something like that. I could have bought some replicas in 23 offset locally for cheap, but I balked when I found out their weight.

Are the wheels in you sig pic, real Fuchs or replicas?
Dr Evil
23mm and 17mm IIRC is what I have. Requires no spacers.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 5 2007, 10:39 AM) *

and keeps the car from floating away with those anchors tongue.gif poke.gif
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(jasons @ Apr 5 2007, 10:37 AM) *

Are the wheels in you sig pic, real Fuchs or replicas?

IIRC the P.O. said replicas. I never bothered to check myself.
Mueller

I believe those are replicas and the offset is spec'd for a 944 application (pre '87)

944's in '87 and '89 and newer 911s use the FWD type offset, you'll need spacers for any of the newer style rims
machina
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 5 2007, 04:56 PM) *

I believe those are replicas and the offset is spec'd for a 944 application (pre '87)

944's in '87 and '89 and newer 911s use the FWD type offset, you'll need spacers for any of the newer style rims

those are replica "cup" wheels which were first seen on the 993 supercup cars, mid to late '90s
Twystd1
HIJACK:
Thats a killer tail dragger pic......... 2 wheels up... I love it.

You need to start another thread, and have everyone here take a stab at putting a description to the pic...
It would be a good time I think....

C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.