Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Top
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xperu
My targa top has some small cracks along the sides; I think it’s due to the fiberglass drying out. Anyone have any recommendations or products for restoration? Thanks Mike
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(xperu @ Apr 5 2007, 04:54 AM) *

My targa top has some small cracks along the sides; I think it’s due to the fiberglass drying out. Anyone have any recommendations or products for restoration? Thanks Mike

We use the Wurth chip guard. It is available in the spray cans but we use a special gun to exactly duplicate the texture. You may experiment with the spray cans and achieve a good rendition of the texture however.
VaccaRabite
Block sand it smooth, bondo the cracks if they are tiny, patch with fiberglass if they are larger. Block sand again. Paint body color. WIN!

Zach
Chris Pincetich
George - I've had both the Wurth Chip Guard and the High-Build Underseal and thought they both looked very close. Underseal with Clear Coat on top looked almost perfect....BUT all I have for a good reference is the small areas on my top where the cheap bl;ack glossy paint is gone and some OEM look is coming through. Thanks for the input! beerchug.gif

OH yeah - to all youz experts, is the thin smooth strip on the targa top that holds the side seal supposed to be satin black, gloss black, polished aluminum or....???? beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
Allan
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Apr 5 2007, 04:31 PM) *

polished aluminum

That's my vote...
jd74914
QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 5 2007, 08:52 PM) *

QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Apr 5 2007, 04:31 PM) *

polished aluminum

That's my vote...

Mine too.

Rhino lining looks pretty good on targas too.
Tobra
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Apr 5 2007, 06:04 PM) *

Rhino lining looks pretty good on targas too.

how about on the valences and rocker covers? I am about to bedliner mine, have seen on targa top and it looked okay to me. Figure bedliner would be durable too, and give me vinyl chassis reinforcement welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.