Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone live near South Barrington IL.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I need to attend a FEMA training in South Barrington IL. on April 9th. I plan on driving into the area on the 8th. It's 8 hrs from here so I want to get closer to Barrington.

Anyone want to get together and do some bench racing, tell some lies or swap some stories?

I'm not sure where I'm staying yet. Just need to be within driving distance in the am to make it to the training in the am. assimilate.gif
Bartlett 914
Hi Rick.

My home is in Bartlett and my shop is in South Elgin. Neither is all that far. Love to get together for a beer. I know a good place real close. Send me a PM and we can exchange details.

Mueller
Federal
Emplyoees
Missing
in
Action

good luck, at least we'll know one good person in the organization biggrin.gif
aircooledboy
Hey Boys,

I'm not sure what She Who Must Be Obeyed has lined up for me Sunday, but I'd like to try to hook up wit y'all. Let me know what you decide. beerchug.gif

sk8kat1
let me know too . maybe if we are lucky the weather will be nice and we can get a teener drive out of it too ! rocking nana.gif

hey mark .. where were you thinking .... kelsey's road house.... brandt's in palatine is pretty good ... hey if he likes BBQ how about brothers / rustys ribs ...
sk8kat1
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Apr 5 2007, 08:38 AM) *

Hey Boys,

I'm not sure what She Who Must Be Obeyed has lined up for me Sunday, but I'd like to try to hook up wit y'all. Let me know what you decide. beerchug.gif

hey chris does she still owe you for making it home before dinner , when she said you wouldn't , when you helped me drop my engine?! w00t.gif
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Apr 5 2007, 09:39 AM) *

let me know too . maybe if we are lucky the weather will be nice and we can get a teener drive out of it too ! rocking nana.gif

hey mark .. where were you thinking .... kelsey's road house.... brandt's in palatine is pretty good ... hey if he likes BBQ how about brothers / rustys ribs ...

I was thinking Millrose on Barrington road just north on the I-90
sk8kat1
.. also a good choice drunk.gif
rick 918-S
I need to make a reservation someplace. Any suggestions? Cheap works. Someplace central to you guys. Chris, Tell her you were abducted by Aliens.. laugh.gif
sk8kat1
well chris and I are out about 1 hour from barrington .. so central is not real good for your meeting ... biggrin.gif

where in s. barrington is your meeting?I used to live out that way so I might be able to pick something out ... I believe there are a few hotels right across from that mill rose restruant that mark was suggesting . it is very close to I -90 for your drive too .
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 5 2007, 12:40 PM) *

I need to make a reservation someplace. Any suggestions? Cheap works. Someplace central to you guys. Chris, Tell her you were abducted by Aliens.. laugh.gif

Rick

This is a nice place.

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyPr...&propId=678

LaQuinta
847 882 5960
It is very close to the restaurant I was suggesting. Not sure where your meeting is but I think that is just up the road. Google Hoffman Estates IL for other hotel locations or call me. You will find a lot more choices using Hoffman Estates instead of South Barrington. This is all on that border between the two towns. Giv me a call when you have a better idea when you will arrive. We can plan from there.
sk8kat1
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Apr 5 2007, 01:13 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 5 2007, 12:40 PM) *

Rick

This is a nice place.

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyPr...&propId=678

LaQuinta
847 882 5960
It is very close to the restaurant I was suggesting. Not sure where your meeting is but I think that is just up the road. Google Hoffman Estates IL for other hotel locations or call me. You will find a lot more choices using Hoffman Estates instead of South Barrington. This is all on that border between the two towns. Giv me a call when you have a better idea when you will arrive. We can plan from there.

that's the one!! thumb3d.gif
GaroldShaffer
dry.gif Damn, wish I could meet you guys. Monday is conf call day for me (only 8 hrs of them) blink.gif No way I could get there from Indiana. Have fun. drunk.gif
r_towle
Sure you could....cell phone and the mute button are amazing...

Then when its actually your turn to talk, pull off in a rest area...

Rich
rick 918-S
Thanks for the link. I'll get booked in.

Hey, After speaking with Mark in the cell we realized Sunday is Easter. If a meeting doesn't work out no big deal. We'll do it another time. Summer's coming.

If you still want to meet I hope to be in the area by like 6:00 pm. It's a 7-8 hr drive from here according to map quest. I'll pm you all my cell.
rick 918-S
Mark and I had a great time tonight. Great dinner, Thanks Mark! Then we went to his shop. He has the 914 bug real bad! What an awesome shop and tools.

Mark, If you want to check out some of the things we discussed tonight click on the alien progress thread at the bottom of this post.

I'm looking forward to coming down here again!
aircooledboy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 5 2007, 10:31 PM) *

Hey, After speaking with Mark in the cell we realized Sunday is Easter. If a meeting doesn't work out no big deal. We'll do it another time. Summer's coming.

Indeed it was. Woooops. blink.gif Who knew?

Was doing the family boogie until 7:30. confused24.gif
Next time boys. drunk.gif
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 8 2007, 08:16 PM) *

Mark and I had a great time tonight. Great dinner, Thanks Mark! Then we went to his shop. He has the 914 bug real bad! What an awesome shop and tools.

Mark, If you want to check out some of the things we discussed tonight click on the alien progress thread at the bottom of this post.

I'm looking forward to coming down here again!

Hi Rick

It was a lot fun last night. It is always good to be around other 914 fans.

I had a chance to look over the link you sent me. Wow what a cool car. Love the seats. I hope I get a chance to have a ride in it sometime.

I hope you have a safe return.

sk8kat1
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Apr 9 2007, 08:06 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 5 2007, 10:31 PM) *

Indeed it was. Woooops. blink.gif Who knew?

Was doing the family boogie until 7:30. confused24.gif
Next time boys. drunk.gif

smile.gif .... um yea I realized the same thing driving to pick up my boys ... oops .... next time it is ... beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.